C-sections

Post c-section ?

Okay, my scheduled c-section is tomorrow and we have been told baby will need to be in the NICU for 4 hours at least for observation (high risk situation)...anyways I of course want to be able to go see him...will I be up for moving yet?  HOw long did it take post surgery to get up to a wheelchair or sit up, etc?
TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Post c-section ?

• I really don't remember much after mine but they pushed my bed into the NICU, still not sure how they did that...

I think I was in recovery for a few hours...

My tip when getting up for the first few times is to take a rolled up towel or blanket and press it into your incision (kinda) hard, it holds you together as you move...

• I wasn't allowed out of bed for almost 12 hours after my c/s, and when I was finally allowed up I had to have the nurse and my DH help me out of bed the first few times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I couldn't get up until the next day. I had DD in the late evening and they didn't remove my catheter until after breakfast the next day. I would talk to your care provider and let them know you want to see your LO as soon as possible (and define what as soon as possible means to you-it could be vastly different from your hospital's definition). Do that before your surgery tomorrow.

I hope all is well with you and your LO. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• It took a day for me to get out of bed. 

That said, my LO was in the NICU for about 6 hours. Once I was somewhat recovered (ie, not throwing up anymore), they were able to wheel my entire hospital bed to the NICU so I could visit her. So, even if you aren't up and about I would expect that you can go see LO if the baby is in the NICU for any substantial amount of time.

GL with the c-section! And congrats on meeting your little baby tomorrow -- all the worry will be so incredibly worth it, I promise! 

Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
  • I think it was around 3 hours before I was able to go up to the NICU. Honestly, the only thing I remember is that I had to be able to move my toes before I was allowed to get up to get into the wheel chair. Good luck tomorrow
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I just had a csection on nov. 4th and my baby went straight to the nicu! I got upp within 8 hours.. however mine was a repeat csection take your pain meds before getting up! but getting up to see you baby will be so worth any pain you might feel.. :)
  • Thanks everyone. I can't wait to meet him tomorrow!
    TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi, my baby was taken to the NICU right after she was born.  After I was done being stiched up, I was in recovery for about an hour and then the nurse pushed my bed into the NICU for me to see her.  I spent 30 minutes with her and then went to my post-partum room.  Then about 2-3 hours later, after my spinal wore off, the nurse and DH got me up out of bed and helped me into a wheelchair.  Later that day I was standing up on my own and went to the bathroom by myself the next morning.

Good luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I just had my LO on 11/5. My little guy went to the NICU for about 5-6 hours after he was born, and by the time I went to recovery and got to my room, he was only there for about an hour and they brought him right to me in my room. They showed him to me in the OR before they took him to the NICU and my DH went to the NICU and took pictures to bring back to show me. It worked out well for us, b/c I was still obviously numb and hooked up to all the machines and I took a little rest until he came to me.

Congrats and Good Luck Tomorrow!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"