Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

New Uppababy Vista or Used Bugaboo Cameleon

I'm having a hard time deciding between the two.  Both are great strollers and you can find people out there who love each of them.  So far I haven't found anything that makes me say that I definitely want to go for one over the other, does anyone have any insight that might help me in decision?
Mama to three boys Nathan Reese 9.05 Conrad Elijah 5.08 Ezekiel Drake "Zeke" 4.12

Re: New Uppababy Vista or Used Bugaboo Cameleon

• Options
    My friend was debating between the two strollers, and I remember comparing them with her one day.  The UBV has a bigger basket, much bigger sun shade, easier fold, and the baby sits up higher.  Also, if it's new, you should have some sort of warranty with it, whereas you won't with a used Bugaboo.  I have the Bugaboo Frog and love it, but I might go for the new UBV over a used stroller.
  • Options
    I always prefer used to new. I would choose the smaller of the two. I suspect that might be the Bug but I am not sure about that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Uppa. It converts to a double I believe, and this will save you a lot of time/money in the future if you plan on having another child. I'd also go with the new stroller.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like having a warranty, however you can always get replacement parts if you need them with a used stroller, but you will have to pay for them. If we were going off quality I'd say the Bugaboo hands-downs. It's a better push, better constructed, better looking (my opinion obviously), easier to fold, lighter, smaller profile, nicer bassinet. The features the Vista has which the Cameleon doesn't are an adjustable footrest, peek a boo window and and extendable canopy included instead of an extra accessory. The Vista basket is bigger, but it doesn't fold well filled in my opinion. The Bugaboo is concealed which is a nice feature as well.
  • Options

I am biased as I LOVE Uppababy (have the Vista and the G-Luxe) and their customer service is amazing; we had a very minor issue with the G-Luxe and they sent a brand new stroller out as a replacement Had a few other minor questions for customer service and was always able to get someone quickly.Having a warranty is a great piece of mind.

The Vista pretty much comes with every accessory you would need; the only thing I bought extra was a parent caddy/drink holder. Even if the new bugaboo comes with accessories some might be in rough shape.

You are correct that it doesn't fold well filled, but I never really viewed that as an issue. Perhaps I just assumed that is what you needed to do.  

That said, both the Vista and Bug are bulky and not a ton of fun to get in and out of the car. I mainly keep the Vista ready to go for walks  but keep the lighter G-Luxe in our car.

BTW, you can get really good deals: I bought the Vista from Amazon during one of their big sales in summer 2010 and one of the flash sales just had the Vista at great prices. With CyberMonday tomorrow I think there are some good baby deals at Albee and others...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Definitely the Vista, we looked at both and the Vista easily won out and it wasn't even a $ thing.  The basket was a HUGE deal for me, being able to fold it with the seat on and DH and I both preferred the look of the UBV to the Bugaboo. The bassinet that comes with it was a lifesaver for the first 4 months, I could take DS to the mall for 6+ hours and he was as happy as could be.  

We've pretty much exclusively used our UBV for the last year and have never had a problem with opening/closing it.  Fits perfect in the back of my SUV. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would go with the Bugaboo hands down, even though it's used. It's one of the best luxury stroller out there. Unless you are only looking for a large basket.
  • Options

I would say go with the Uppa

the reasons why we chose one over the other (we were torn between those two and the orbit g2)

1) most of the reviews complained about how after a while a lot of parts were breaking, screws were coming off, and the wheels would fail.

2) the Bugaboo is a bit heavier than the Uppa I am really petite I needed something light

3) the Uppa has amazing customer service so if anything were to happen we have back up! I have even heard of people being out of town calling and getting sent to a local place to get a replacement of whatever they needed...for free.

4) I refused to pay over $300 more on a bugaboo that would make me pay for everything that came apart AND not provide great customer service

By the way, Gilt.com has the UPPA on sale for $465 right now but they are coming up with a new model by Feb of 2012 

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"