VBAC

:Rant:So close to due date, any ways to speed things up?

My due date is on Tuesday and I am soooooo ready to have this baby! I have an appointment on monday with my doctor, who said if I am dialated at all he will strip my membranes to move things along if I want. I so want him to do this, but I am so scared that I won't be dialated at all. At my last appointment I was sure I would have some progress after all the pain and pressure I was feeling but I wasn't effaced or dialated at all!!! This week I have had lot less pain and pressure and I am scared my Doctor is going to give me the same news as my last appointment! I am such an emotional nutcase right now I don't know how much longer I can do this! I just want my baby out so we can move on to the next phase of life!!!

Re: :Rant:So close to due date, any ways to speed things up?

• rumor has it sex helps speed things along. Big Smile
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • I plan to go for induction accupuncture.  My midwife said I can start that at 39 weeks.  You can also try a chiropractor to adjust your pelvis, which I plan to start around 35 weeks.  If your doctor gives the ok, there's always castor oil and raspberry leaf tea.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My midwife stripped my membranes as much as she could at 37 weeks (I was only a "fingertip" dilated, so it wasn't very productive), at 38 weeks, I was 1cm and 30% effaced, so she stripped them again and was able to do a much better job. At 39 weeks, I was 4cm and 80% effaced, and she stripped them once more and I lost my MP and had my bloody show. 

I have my 40 week appointment on Wednesday and I am hoping for more progress or for labor to start! Everyday that I am still pregnant, is a day closer to my dreaded C-section date.

I would recommend stripping your membranes, walking, having sex, and bouncing on an exercise ball. Good luck! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I totally understand the nervous wreck part. I am 5 days from my due date... my section was scheduled this morning and I waited until the last minute last night to postpone. I am still praying for a vbac... I trust what is the lord's will, will happen. But I was 2 1/2cm and 70% effaced at my 38 week appointment and the dr. "stripped the hell out of my membranes" as he said. That was Friday. I lost the majority of my mucus plug yesterday and still on to today... I have been bouncing on my birthing ball, having sex, eating pineapple, eating spicy foods, walking around the block, and trying to stay busy upright. I have stressed myself trying to make myself stay contracting when I start back. I get really good ones and then after a while they stop. (Especially when I go to bed... with exception of one night) I think it is just part of the process and we have to trust what God has in store for us. Best of Luck! I am with ya. I hope you get some results. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just thought I'd update,last night I had contractions that actually kept me awake for about 3 hours straight. I had my doctors appointment this morning that started with an ultrasound to double check the size of the baby (which is average so I have even more leverage to do the trial of labor, yay!). Then I had my cervix checked and got another report of little to no progress, (boo!) although he did say that it was beginning to open but still very thick. So basically I could go any day or still be another couple weeks. My husband was thrilled that he kinda had the all clear to go back to work for at least a few days, which ticked me off a little but what am I going to do? I understand he wants to provide for our family and he does plan on taking a week off after the baby is born, so I guess I just have to go with it and hopefully the timing will all work out.... Now that my hubby is leaving tonight for work again I actually need to keep things low for at least a few days, lol! I bet now that I am not anxious for the baby to come that the baby will come right when my husband gets to his job only to have to turn around and come back home, the irony!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"