Pittsburgh Babies

Scared to have baby in Meadville

I live 90 miles north of pittsburgh (but for some reason thebump considers me pittsburgh) but Im really worried about having her in such a small hospital. 

It is from what im told a good new life unit and I have been there already for peeing myself (they were making sure it wasn't amniotic fluid) haha and it was clean happy and warm and cozy and i felt welcomed

I dunno why but for some reason i imagine bigger cities have better hospitals...

They have yet to do me wrong and I know that my baby will be one of maybe 3 babies in the nursery at any one time. 

Am i being unrealistic assuming a bigger city has a better new life unit??

Re: Scared to have baby in Meadville

• I live in Oil City, so I'm pretty close to you. BTW, we're considered Pittsburgh because TB doesn't have an Erie board that I know of. 

Meadville is considered a decent hospital. If you're not high-risk, you shouldn't have any problems. I had my DS at Titusville, and everything turned out ok. I do know that Meadville Hospital is bigger/more advanced than Titusville Hospital.

If there would be a problem, or if there'd be the possibility of a problem, your OB should immediately transfer you to a hospital with a good NICU, like Hamot in Erie. My SIL's water broke with her youngest DD at the beginning of her third trimester. She went to Titusville Hospital, her OB gave her shots to try and stop the labor, and then shipped her straight to Hamot. She gave birth to a baby girl the next day by c-section, and everything turned out fine because her 2.5lb DD was right at the NICU and got the care she needed immediately.  

• Now that makes sense about the pittsburgh board thing. 

They did tell me that if i go into labor before 34 weeks they will send me to erie immediately. Being only 36 miles from erie makes me feel like it would be ok to ship my butt up there if needed.  

I guess im just a nervous first time mama ! lol

• Loading the player...
  • Most of my family is from that area and if I still lived in the area I would have no problem going to Meadville to deliver.  It is a good hospital and they will transfer you to Erie if they think it is necessary.  Actually my sil was flat out told if she went into labor before a certain week in her pregnancy they would send her to Erie.

Craft Blog
    My Blog - shoot me a message if you want access

Photobucket

• imageJNK71083:
    Most of my family is from that area and if I still lived in the area I would have no problem going to Meadville to deliver.  It is a good hospital and they will transfer you to Erie if they think it is necessary.  Actually my sil was flat out told if she went into labor before a certain week in her pregnancy they would send her to Erie.

yea they told me if i go into labor before 34 weeks i will be sent to erie without a question. I sure hope the peanut doesn't come out before then!!

• Not that it's relevant...but I was born at MMC!  Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"