Single Parents
Options

help me stay calm

I just got out of the hospital (there for the last 9 days) because of mild preeclampsia that pushed itself into severe pre-e. Thank god they were able to stabilize me and I didn't deliver, which is a blessing since I was only 30 weeks. I am 31 now, and there is a great chance I won't deliver until I am 35 weeks. That is all awesome news.

My XH however didn't care in for a second. Not that I was in the hospital, not that his kid was in distress, nothing. In nine days he sent me a text once. Now I am on strict bed rest for the duration of my pregnancy. I can't grocery shop, do laundry or really do anything. My folks live in a different state, and are here now, but have to go home soon. I have great friends, and will get some help, but god help me I want to run XH over with the car. 

How do I get past the anger? My divorce was final on 11/4/11 and he started his "new adult life" this past June, when I was 10 weeks along. How do I get past the hurt, anger and hate? It raises my blood pressure, and I care more about this kid than anything else. I just get so angry. I am mostly venting. Most of the time I can pretend all is good, but this stay, and the lack of caring, was just so hurtful.

Re: help me stay calm

• Options
    It will take a long time to get past the anger, but for now you need to focus on remaining calm.  Deep, cleansing breaths work for me.  In through  your nose, out through your mouth.  Don't communicate with him AT ALL if it causes you distress.  Try to do things with those you care about and who love you and just focus on your health.  You can deal with XH later, right now, your priority is having a healthy pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"