Success after IF

True BFP 14 days after HCG trigger shot?

Hi ladies. I am lurking from the TTTC and TTCAL boards. It is 14 days past my trigger shot and 13dpIUI and this morning I got a very faint second line on a hpt. I'm concerned that because it was so light that it could be residual HCG from my trigger shot. Any opinions? Anyone else get a true BFP around the same time after a trigger? If so, was yours this faint and did you go on to have a healthy pregnancy? Any advice or experiences are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: True BFP 14 days after HCG trigger shot?

• No way it can still be trigger at this point!  Most people would test it out of their systems sooner than that, although I'm sure it's possible.  Congrats!  I tested positive BFPs with both IUI pregnancies at 10dpiui and trigger had already tested out of my system.

• I triggered with Ovidrel and got a BFP at 13dpiui, it was the first time I tested.  It wasn't super dark but I wouldn't call it faint.  It sounds like you are pregnant, congrats!  Try a digital in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • No WAY its a trigger...its a real BFP...GL sweetie! =)

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Happy Thanksgiving!

It's the real deal at this point.

Welcome to the next 2ww.....

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • sounds like a bfp to me, congrats!
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Thank you for your responses, ladies :) I was pretty sure that the trigger should have been out of my system by now, but I am troubled by how faint the bfp was. It's 13dpo and I'm just afraid that such a faint line means that's is a CP or something. I am very paranoid though after having experienced a loss almost 5 months ago... It's just hard to believe that I'll ever have good news. I kind of can't believe that I'm most likely PG!? Thanks again everyone.
  • I think you are def pregnant, trigger should be out by 10dp at the latest! Congrats! Try your best not to stress, enjoy this happy time!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• what kind of test is it? do you know how much hcg it measures? i would schedule a beta asap. good luck!!
  • Congratulations!  My trigger was out by 1dp5dt. I started getting BFPs at 5dp5dt. FWIW, even with a beta over 200, my lines on Dollar Tree and FRER were still faint. 
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Also, when I used FRER with Gwen I got faint BFPs the day my beta was 65.  I was worried I was losing my BFP or something, so try to just get digitals and not worry about the color!
  • imagebeachbum1980:
    what kind of test is it? do you know how much hcg it measures? i would schedule a beta asap. good luck!!
    Thanks! It was an internet cheapie, sensitive to 20 miu/ml hcg. I plan on testing again over the weekend and if it's still positive I will call my doctor first thing Monday morning to schedule a beta.
  • imageALY1981:
    I think you are def pregnant, trigger should be out by 10dp at the latest! Congrats! Try your best not to stress, enjoy this happy time!
    Thank you! :)
  • MrsOjoButtons-- Thank you for sharing your experience. I feel way better about this all :)
  • imageWaiting4baby08:
    Also, when I used FRER with Gwen I got faint BFPs the day my beta was 65.  I was worried I was losing my BFP or something, so try to just get digitals and not worry about the color!
    Good idea. Thanks :) I am just so paranoid right now. I have not even told DH about my faint bfp yet...
  • Internet cheapys are awful.  I was preggo with twins and it wasn't even reading positive when the FRER was.....so don't worry about it being faint.  GL =)

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• I tested 12 and 13 days after ovulation and got a bfp. Usually the trigger would be out of your system by 10dpo. I was taking follistim then ovidril for trigger then doing the whole Crinone thing until I was about 10 weeks pregnant.

My pregnancy tests always came out faint within the 4-5th week of pregnancy. I went to the digital tests then just depended on the beta tests and its always a good sign of no cramping or bleeding. Now in my 2nd trimester with this one.

The best thing you can do is not to stress over this. I know how hard it is, trust me we have been thru the mill with ttc...tons of meds, stress, heartbreaking losses. I still get stressed out over small things and the safety and well being of my baby. Schedule your beta, go for a return beta in a couple days then if all is well schedule a early ultrasound for about 7 weeks. They really can't see much until then and even then it is just a little squid. By 10 weeks we saw the baby moving around like a lunatic. Best of luck to you.

• I am always trigger negative by 8dpo/8dpER. Congrats hon!!
  • imageWaiting4baby08:

No way it can still be trigger at this point!  Most people would test it out of their systems sooner than that, although I'm sure it's possible.  Congrats!  I tested positive BFPs with both IUI pregnancies at 10dpiui and trigger had already tested out of my system.

This!!! Congrats!

Married 09/04/04 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks again, ladies... I just tested with a FRER and it was a good solid line ( just not quite as dark as the control line). I also tested again with an internet cheapie and it was a little darker than yesterday. Now I definitely know it could not be the trigger. I will call my doc first thing Monday morning to schedule a beta. I am so nervous and trying not to let every tiny thing bother me. I am having a stomach ache right now and am trying not to get too worried... Agh. Anyhow, you ladies have been so helpful. I really really appreciate it.
  • imageDianaChristineB:
    Thanks again, ladies... I just tested with a FRER and it was a good solid line ( just not quite as dark as the control line). I also tested again with an internet cheapie and it was a little darker than yesterday. Now I definitely know it could not be the trigger. I will call my doc first thing Monday morning to schedule a beta. I am so nervous and trying not to let every tiny thing bother me. I am having a stomach ache right now and am trying not to get too worried... Agh. Anyhow, you ladies have been so helpful. I really really appreciate it.

Congrats!! 

TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"