Secondary IF
Options

Injecting gonal f?

So last cycle was my first with injectibles and I wasn't sure I could handle doing the shots in the stomach so we did upper thigh. The IUI didn't work so I figured I would try doing them in the stomach this time. I'm on day three of shots and I just read online I should be injecting below the BB and I've been doing it to the side. Big deal or no?
DS 3/10/08 Mc 6/10, 9/10, 2/11 Ivf #1 3/2/12- BFP

Re: Injecting gonal f?

• Options
    My RE made me take an injection class for iui and ivf.  I used gonal-f for both.  I was told both times to inject within a one inch radius of my belly button on the side.  I got pregnant with my 3rd iui and had a m/c and I'm still pregnant from my ivf with gonal-f to the side.  Try not to stress!  Good luck. Hope you get your BFP!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did take a class but they showed me in the leg because I was too scared. I should have googled before I started this round but I had thought they said belly button area. Thanks for your story, crossing my fingers!
    DS 3/10/08 Mc 6/10, 9/10, 2/11 Ivf #1 3/2/12- BFP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesmacb:
    My RE made me take an injection class for iui and ivf.  I used gonal-f for both.  I was told both times to inject within a one inch radius of my belly button on the side.  I got pregnant with my 3rd iui and had a m/c and I'm still pregnant from my ivf with gonal-f to the side.  Try not to stress!  Good luck. Hope you get your BFP!

This is what I was taught also.

DD: Grace (8/19/2007)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD: Harper (11/27/2011) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did all of mine in my arm this cycle, I know they worked in that they made me produce follicles. Good luck!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

I've got the most fat to the side.  It'd be pretty hard to keep from hitting muscle going below.  And muscle hurts!

I think you're fine.  I think you were fine before, though.  As long as the follicles are the right size, it doesn't matter how it happens.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • Options
    i go at belly button level to the side (and rotate sides)

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imagebyrne15:
    i go at belly button level to the side (and rotate sides)

This.  That is where I have the most fat, although I don't think it matters too much as long as you are hitting fatty tissue instead of muscle. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"