Two Under 2

pregnant and caring for two toddlers

is definitely more exhausting then I expected. The m/s, the headaches I get if I dont drink enough and the sicknesses that the kids have had since I got pg are killing me! DH left yesterday for his 3 wks on the rig and I am already tired. I have done two loads of dishes and 2 loads of laundry and it looks like I did nothing! I cant imagine how much laundry we'll have once this baby comes.

Im 10 wks yesterday...hoping the sickness goes away soon. I had the worst headache today and all I wanted to do was sleep and DS had other plans than a nap. Pretty sure this will be our last baby...I can't imagine doing a pregnancy again with 3 kids to care for. 

its also hitting me that baby #3 will be here in about 6 months and its a little wild to think about!

vent over!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pregnant and caring for two toddlers

• yep...i know how you feel (minus the DH being gone part). It's easy to get exhausted this time around. Just make sure you stay hydrated. Its hard b/c DD2 still isn't walking (takes like 5 steps) so I have to carry her a lot still and we have a two story house. the stairs kill me...up and down...all day long. 

One day at a time :) 

• I feel your pain.

I had a particularly tough work week last week while DH was gone for work. So I was caring for my 13-month-old while feeling like garbage and being run down due to my own job.

I'm ready for 2nd tri.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope you feel better soon! 

Even just with my one little guy, things have been super tough. Hardly sleeping, constantly chasing him around, carrying him, cleaning,... I'm getting braxton hicks from all of the over exertion and it feels like my pelvis is broken it hurts so bad. Ugh.

I don't know how my mom did this six times! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Hoping the morning sickness eases up for you soon Mama! I've been where you are and it's tough.

I'm so grateful for DH currently being home and being able to work from home a couple days a week as we adjust to having baby #3 at home. Unfortunately, he'll be away for 2 weeks starting in about 2 weeks. It will be hard for sure.

• Omg I feel your pain. I'm struggling. And at over 14 weeks I still puke every morning. DH works long days and it is me here alone the majority of the time. Ds#1 goes to school 3 mornings a week and this past week that he was off was the longest week ever. I didn't realize how much that three hour "break" I get with only one kid has been helping me out.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This post made me smile!  no, i'm not insensitive- it's just nice knowing others are in the same boat!! Hubby doesn't have to leave town much for work, but he's still gone now and that's pretty common- he works at an arena and any time there's an event, he has to be there... Luckily i haven't puked, but had a stinkin' cold that I can't shake- mixed w/ allergies that I'm not taking anything for and....  well I won't go on, just let's stay strong mamas! 
  • i knew there would be more like me ;) Today I am trying to not take the zofran as the headaches and constipation are making me miserable. I only take it once a day so I hope im fine without it. The headaches make me want to crawl in bed and not move...can't do that with a 1 and almost 3 yr old. 

Im also hell bent on drinking a ton of water today.  

• how do you feel about caffeine? maybe 1 cup of coffee would get rid of those headaches!
  • imageTonya&Cody:
    how do you feel about caffeine? maybe 1 cup of coffee would get rid of those headaches!

I dont drink coffee and when pg I get sick from the smell....but I just got a coke from chick fil a---helping a bit. Ill do anything. 24 hours of a headache sucks! 

• Oh man, I only have one LO at home, but some days I feel like I'm drowning.  The exhaustion alone is bad enough, let alone the nausea and constant headaches.  We hope to have 3 kids one day, but I have NO idea how I will do 1st trimester with TWO LOs.  I shudder at the thought.  I'm gonna really have to psych myself up for that one.

As for the headaches, I make sure to drink a little caffeine in the morning, and then water the rest of the day.  Except water makes me sick, so it's a constant struggle. I feel for ya!! 

• imageCaitlinJ22:

i knew there would be more like me ;) Today I am trying to not take the zofran as the headaches and constipation are making me miserable. I only take it once a day so I hope im fine without it. The headaches make me want to crawl in bed and not move...can't do that with a 1 and almost 3 yr old. 

this happened to me, have you tried taking 1/2? I cut my zofran in 1/2 and took 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening and didn't have a problem with headaches. My Dr. also put my on B6 and unisom and it helped a lot, but only took it at night since it made me sleepy.  

Follow me at: Nell's Niche as I tackle working-at-home, raising babies, making my life a little more eco-friendly, organized, and healthy one sleep deprived day at a time! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageNell1217:
    imageCaitlinJ22:

i knew there would be more like me ;) Today I am trying to not take the zofran as the headaches and constipation are making me miserable. I only take it once a day so I hope im fine without it. The headaches make me want to crawl in bed and not move...can't do that with a 1 and almost 3 yr old. 

this happened to me, have you tried taking 1/2? I cut my zofran in 1/2 and took 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening and didn't have a problem with headaches. My Dr. also put my on B6 and unisom and it helped a lot, but only took it at night since it made me sleepy.  

I figure if I need it I will do half...so far today I only gagged a bit and didnt feel too sick (minus the raging headache) so we'll see. With DS M/s went away at 10.5 weeks...with DD it was 16 wks. I keep hoping this time is like my first one! 

• imageCaitlinJ22:

Pretty sure this will be our last baby...I can't imagine doing a pregnancy again with 3 kids to care for. 

Same here! I'd love for my kids to have several siblings, but I am so miserable I can't imagine going through this again. Being pg with two already is SO much harder than being pg with one infant. My DH is usually home on evenings and weekends and it still is hard, hard, hard. I want to slap my DH when he says "only six months to go" etc. Six months is a looong time when you're this miserable!

• I husband travels a lot for work (up to two weeks straight) so I feel a little of your pain.  I have a 5, 3, and 1-year old and pregnant with #4.  1st trimester was a lot of mommy on the couch and just in survival mode.  It does get better in 2nd but it is still very exhausting.  My advice when your husband is gone is don't stress about the house, use paper plates, get your groceries online and delivered, and call in a baby-sitter in the middle of him being gone to just give yourself a break (nap, shop, etc).  

My headache cure was always two extra strength Tylenol with a large glass of water, followed by a glass of OJ for the sugar and a cup of coffee (or other caffine)---worked most of the time. 

When you see them all snuggling or playing together you remember why you are willing to suck it up for a few short months.  It does get better!!!  Remember they will be all in school before you know it. 

• imageKipperKate:

I husband travels a lot for work (up to two weeks straight) so I feel a little of your pain.  I have a 5, 3, and 1-year old and pregnant with #4.  1st trimester was a lot of mommy on the couch and just in survival mode.  It does get better in 2nd but it is still very exhausting.  My advice when your husband is gone is don't stress about the house, use paper plates, get your groceries online and delivered, and call in a baby-sitter in the middle of him being gone to just give yourself a break (nap, shop, etc).  

My headache cure was always two extra strength Tylenol with a large glass of water, followed by a glass of OJ for the sugar and a cup of coffee (or other caffine)---worked most of the time. 

When you see them all snuggling or playing together you remember why you are willing to suck it up for a few short months.  It does get better!!!  Remember they will be all in school before you know it. 

thanks for all the advice, you are sweet. Its all helpful. I have learned and bought a crap load of paper plates the other day ;) my couponing has been put on hold for now, and I buy a head of time a lot so im prepared for at least 10 days. I am in the process of finding a sitter so that should help!! thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"