C-sections
Options

3rd C-Section 2nd Incision?

Anyone else with multiple c-sections end up with a 2nd incisoin site. It's hard to tell right now, but it looks like my Dr didn't go through my other incision and instead made a completely new one about 1/4-3/8 inches above.

I'll ask at my check up, but why would he do this. I am really disappointed that I'm going to be having 2 scars. I know it's a completely vain concern and there isn't anything I can do about it now, but it bugs me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3rd C-Section 2nd Incision?

• Options

I thought they try to use the same area, but I do know that scar tissue is much harder and time consuming to cut through with surgery. 

• Options
    The went through the same with my 2nd, but not this time. Sucks :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thats strange - do you plan on having more?  If so, that might be why.  I know my obgyn said 3-4 sections max they would do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSunshine4480:
    thats strange - do you plan on having more?  If so, that might be why.  I know my obgyn said 3-4 sections max they would do.

Nope, I actually had my tubes tied during the procedure.

• Options
    I don't think this is that uncommon.  I had a myomectomy, and then 2 c-sections.  The second time, she couldn't use the old incision site.  Nothing I can do about it now, and the firt one was so low, it can barely be seen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have two c-sections and 2 incisions. I assume I'll have a 3rd one this time. It doesn't bother me at all.
  • Options
    i have also had 2 sections and have 2 incision sites. First is about an inch above the new one. My OB said I had far too much scar tissue and I also had really bad adhesions so it would have been a lot of work to get  through the first.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I swear my doctor said my incision spot will stay the same and she would cut out the old scar if it bothers me.  She never mentioned the possibility if two incisions.
    m/c 4/4/11 @11w6d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    interesting, I never knew this was a possibility. Something new to bring up with the doctor now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageFusionLMT:
    interesting, I never knew this was a possibility. Something new to bring up with the doctor now.

My thoughts exactly.  My last OB took out all of my scar tissue from my first one.  I'll be bringing this up at the next appt as well...

• Options
    My second c-section was much lower than my first.  IDK if it's because the first was an emergency.  But the doctor said that they couldn't even see the first scar when they went to cut.  Which doesn't shock me because it is very light and by the time I was all stretched out it wasn't easy to see.  I don't really mind. I was never going to be posing in playboy anyways.
  • Options
    My OB used the same incision the 2nd time
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"