Preemies
Options

How was your Thanksgiving? + WWYD

I just wanted to check in and see how everything went since there were some concerns/stress about particular situations? My situation arrives on Sunday so I have some time to kill.

WWYD - I have mentioned that my IL's smoke. I didn't know that when they arrived for their first visit so I was taken by surprise. It was the first time I ever met them - and I should mention that "F"IL isn't DH's dad but a BF who's been around his mom for a couple years. She calls him grandpa. DH and I don't know what to call him so we just go with it since his dad isn't really in the picture much at this point.

Anyway, I had just gone through the fire and 58 days/two rounds of NICU and my PTSD was at it's strongest - it wasn't the best time for them to visit - not at all, but what could I say? Grandparents want to visit the new baby and he'd already been around for two months - they were waiting until he got home to come ASAP and see him. I can't stress how overwhelmed I felt; I also felt about thisbig, so I didn't have it in me to confront them.

Am I screwed because I didn't say anything about changing shirts after smoking? Maybe I could say something about now that it's cold and windows are closed? DH doesn't seem to think it's that big of a deal but I do. My mom has smoked for about 50 years and I got asthma when I was in my late teens.

Oof, sorry my WWYD kinda took over - but really tell me how your day went too! Distract me ;D

Re: How was your Thanksgiving? + WWYD

• Options
    My WWYD that I posted yesterday was similar...we were invited to FIL house for an early feast but I was concerned because he and GF smoke inside. Thankfully it was beautiful here in VA and they left their door open for some fresh air and didn't smoke while we were there. FIL washed before holding DS and didn't put DSs face to his shirt in the end it worked well...Anyway, DSsfirst turkey day was great and it was the first time a lot of MY family got to see him!
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Blame it on your pedi- say "the doc was reminding us how important it is to keep T healthy this winter, so we're all washing our hands like maniacs, and they also told us how dangerous second hand smoke can be, it can even stick to clothes..."

Then you can go from there. If they smoke outside and put a jacket on before going out, then they could just take it off when they come back in and that would probably be ok. GL!

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmm...it sucks that DH doesn't see it as such a big deal because it would be nice to have his support on this.  Esp since it's his family it would be better for him to tell them the "rules".  If you feel very strongly about it, I would do what PP said and mention that it's the pedi's recommendation. 

Good luck & let us know how it goes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"