C-sections
Options

Scared I have a hernia

I just noticed a large hard bulge under the skin o the left end of my incision.  My repeat c-section was two weeks ago tomorrow.  I am so stupid, I picked my dog up without thinking right before I noticed it.  I called the OB on call and she said to just watch it and come in monday as long as I had no fever, pain and I was able to have a bm.  If any of those things happen I am supposed to go to the ER. I am freaking out.  I hope and pray it isn't a hernia.  The thought of leaving my baby to have surgery is killing me.  Anyone have any experience with this?  If it is a hernia can a repair be an outpatient procedure?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Scared I have a hernia

• Options

Yuck, that sucks! Hopefully it is not a hernia and just some swelling from overdoing it. 

Most hernias from a c section are repaired as day surgeries. So, if it goes well, you can go home that same day.  No lifting for 6 weeks though!!

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Try not to get yourself worked up about having surgery or anything until you talk to your doctor.  It might just be scar tissue or something.  And FWIW I have an umbilical hernia that showed up after my c/s 3 years ago.  I still have it and the different ob/gyns I've seen have all said it is fine as long as it doesn't start to hurt.  So hernias don't necessarily need immediate repair.  

GL 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagequinncat:
    I'm an OR nurse and almost all our hernia patients go home a few hours after surgery.  

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

@iris427,

I had my c section 3mos ago, then abt 2mos ago, a friend tells me that I have a hernia.  I didn't want to believe it.  My belly button still sticks out and it doesn't hurt only sometimes down by my incision area or if i am wearing pants that are too tight around my waist.  is that thesame as yours?

Gerry

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"