High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Flushed face after steroid shot for lungs?

Hi girls and Happy Thanksgiving!  I got my first betamethasone shot for the baby's lungs yesterday morning.  Last night I woke up feeling a little feverish and found I had a flushed face when I looked in the mirror.  I don't feel awful but I don't feel great, either.  My flushed face hasn't gone away.  My temp was 98.8 when I took it just awhile ago.  They are also monitoring me for pre-e, if anyone read my post below, because my bp is always super high when I first get to my doctor's appointments.  It comes back down to normal by the time my appointment is over.   I had a consistent dull headache for the past couple days but I don't have one right now. I don't have any other symptoms of pre-e, but I'm thinking of having my DH run out and try to find a drugstore that sells bp cuffs.  Also, my DS is coming down with a cold and I had some congestion last night and scratchy throat, so it could just be a cold I suppose.  Or hot flashes?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flushed face after steroid shot for lungs?

• Options

I didn't notice that when I had mine.  Were you contracting at all?  I get a flushed face when my contraction are strong enough and have been going on long enough.

Also, i felt a little off the last 24 hours since I was in L&D getting my first shot, among other medicines.  I am feeling better today though.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Nope, no contractions. I'm hoping its just some mild side effects from the shots.  I'm already feeling better and my MIL is bringing a bp cuff to dinner so I can make its not that.  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had both of my betamethasone shots and didn't feel anything but a sore bum after :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagegoodgollie:
    Nope, no contractions. I'm hoping its just some mild side effects from the shots.  I'm already feeling better and my MIL is bringing a bp cuff to dinner so I can make its not that.  Thanks!

that's good.  you know if you were nervous at all about getting the shot (not the shot itself, but at least for me, there was a side of me that was anxious over the baby coming too early) that could have upped your BP too.

I mean, in the hospital, whatever they wanted to do I was totally fine, cool as a cucumber, but when left with my own thoughts was just thinking "I'm not ready for her to arrive yet, i have x,y,z I still need to do at home to prepare" Plus they gave me Terbutaline which makes your heart race, so I am sure that was not helping. lol

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    It's considered a common side effect of the medication, but just be sure it doesn't get any worse and that your doctor knows about it.
  • Options
    Thanks girls.  It was definitely better by about noon.  I got my second shot at 11am so I'm anxious to see if it will happen again tonight/tomorrow am.
  • Options
    Yes I looked like a tomato! It freaked me out at first! It happened the day after both my shots, but it hasn't happened again since.
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"