3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone else throw up during 1 hr glucose test?

I managed to chug it down in the 5 minutes... made it to the 40 minute mark and only had 20 more to go. Unfortunately, I started to get sweaty and hot and barely made it to the bathroom before throwing up everywhere.... so now I have to go again on Monday... just curious if anyone else had this problem.

Re: Anyone else throw up during 1 hr glucose test?

• Options
    No I didn't, and IDK if this makes a difference, but I went in on an empty stomach.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope, I felt normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't with my first pregnancy.  I have my glucose test next week....they've changed it to a 2 hour instead of a 1 hour test....booo!
  • Options

I got hot, sweaty, and a little nauseous...

Plus, I felt drunk from the sugar rush & crash. But no vomiting, although I've heard it's fairly common.

• Options
    I got kind of shaky and felt like the drink gave me diabetes in itself, but no vomitting.

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    No, but i was worried I would. I was actually pretty close.
  • Options
    Yes, I wanted to, but was able to hold it down and I fasted beforehand. Funny enough, when I took the test at 16wks, I also fasted, but felt perfectly fine and passed it w/flying colors. This time though, I failedSad
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageasabb:
    No I didn't, and IDK if this makes a difference, but I went in on an empty stomach.

me too. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either. I just took big gulps and I was fine. I took it this morning and had fruit punch flavor.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Options
    I managed to hold it down until they did my blood draw.  I puked it up about five minutes after.  FWIW, I failed the one hour and had to do the three hour which I then passed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was fine the entire time.  My OB suggested to put it into a glass with tons and tons of ice.  I then drank it fast on the way there.  As soon as I walked in I was ready to go have the blood drawn and didn't have to sit and think about it. 
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No but I 100% thought I would!!! I got the sweats and felt soooo nauseaous!!! I had to recline waaaay down on the chair and pray I could hold it down. Then I felt sick for the rest of the day and had to stay on the couch and rest. It was seriously the worst I felt the entire pregnancy... no joke.
  • Options
    Yes!! I got sick during the 3 hours test though, not the 1 hour. I chugged it within the 5 minutes, then almost immediately threw it up. I stayed home from work after that..I felt awful all day! No fun.. 
  • Options
    I didn't for either pregnancy, I've had both the 1 hour and 3 hour, but I have employees that work in a diagnostic lab and they've told me it happens all the time. Now, our lab will keep the patient back there for a few minutes to let them settle, and show them exactly where the bathroom is.... our lab's waiting room is carpeted. Surprise
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm on baby #4 and this is one test I can not do. I am highly allergic to the ingredients.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"