Michigan Babies

OBGYN Recommendations

jessschaiblejessschaible member
edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies

Hello,

I am looking for a new OBGYN and wondered if anyone had any good recommendations.  My husband and I aren't trying for a baby yet, but hopefully we will be in the near future, so I want to find someone who I feel comfortable with!  I live in Grand Rapids and would really like to have someone affiliated with Spectrum/Butterworth Hospital, but I am open to other options as well.  Let me know if anyone has any good recommendations.  I really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Jessica

Re: OBGYN Recommendations

• I go to Grand Rapids Womans Health, right downtown, off of College Ave. I LOVE it there! My doctor is Elizabeth Luce and she's wonderful. Good luck with your search!
  • I am high risk and go to the Maternal Fetal Medicine clinic at 221 Michigan St. I absolutely love their practice. I have been to a bunch of different Dr.s offices over the years and this is my favorite. It is through Spectrum and Butterworth. Of course hopefully you won't be high risk and won't need them!
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCPhillz:
    I go to Grand Rapids Womans Health, right downtown, off of College Ave. I LOVE it there! My doctor is Elizabeth Luce and she's wonderful. Good luck with your search!

I also go to Grand Rapids Womens Health, however I see Dr. Edvenson.

This is my 6th child, 4th with Dr. Edvenson as my OBGYN. I have at one time or another seen all of the Doc in the office! They are all great, the nurses and reception girls are also really nice.

I love that there is a lab in the same bulding so when you need blood work done you dont have to go somewhere else. They also do unltrasounds right in the office which makes me a happy girl, I have always been able to schedual my ultrasound and my check up for the same day.

The only draw back for me is that I don't care for Butterworth Hospital, and they only deliver there. But if you want to go to Butterworth then you are golden!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go to the Advantage Health OB/GYN practice on the Beltline, and I really like it.  Dr. Zylstra is my favorite - she delivered both my kids.  I feel confident in her as a physician, and she is so personable.  That practice participates with St. Mary's, but I actually liked St. Mary's.  The care seemed more personal.  The one downside of going to St. Mary's was that I wanted the kids to go to a pediatrician who participates with Spectrum because of the Children's Hospital, so random pediatricians monitored their health while we were in the hospital. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to Area Wide OBGYN and I am NOT impressed. The Dr.s seem like they don't care and we really have to pump them for any information we want about test results etc. I do have to say that the reception girls are great and the midwife Brenda is awsome, the Dr's. not so much. This is our first child so maybe we are expecting too much. The 22 week ultrasound (our first and only) took all of 5 min- not impressed with the tech. Then we had to pump them for info 2 months later for any results- like hello- is everything normal????? Dr. Dorsey has no bedside manner and barely spoke to me the one time I had an appt with him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"