February 2012 Moms
Options

Crib in a closet?

I can't decide how I feel about this. We're trying to save as much space as possible, baby will be sharing a room with big sister.

https://blogs.babble.com/family-style/2011/09/14/put-baby-in-the-closet-15-lovely-converted-closet-nurseries/?pid=5143#slideshow

I was looking at this one specifically:

https://www.one-little-minute.com/2011/05/dutch-cupboard-crib-okay-crib-built-in.html

Is that weird or genius?

Leigh 04.26.2008 Arlo 01.30.2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Crib in a closet?

• Options
    I love it. Its really creative. Much different from what I thought of when I first saw the title of the post. LOL  I think you should do it, especially if it saves room and keeps the stress down. Do it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it's genius. My friend's parents did something similar with her crib when she was a baby. Of course, she still gives them a hard time about making her sleep in a closet. ;)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it look cute, but I would not personally put my infant in one because I don't think it looks like they'd get good airflow around them, and I'd be too worried it would increase one of the risk factors for SIDS. There are cribs you can buy that don't take up huge amounts of space, and I'd rather reconfigure the closet to get the most out of it for storage than use it for a crib.
    dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • Options
    I've seen some that work and are really cute, but that one seems tight.  Making the bed and anything falling behind or under or on sides will make you NUTS!!!  LOL  Sometimes, there is poop and pee in places you didn't think was possible!!!  Or spit up.  LOL  We put DS's dresser in the closet to one side.  It, actually, works GREAT!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    What a cool idea...I think it looks great and would save a lot of space.

• Options
    I live in a one bedroom, one bath condo that we own and can't sell due to the down market.  I'm on a space saving mission and I think this is GENIUS!!!!!!  We were thinking of turning our walk-in closet into a nursery.
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• Options
    Genius, as long as your closet is big enough! I think it is a great use of space. My 1 year old is moving into my 6 year old's room and we lucked out. We already had the older one in a loft bed so we're putting the crib underneath it, otherwise we would have zero space in that room with two beds on the floor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagebadtzmaru22:
    I think it look cute, but I would not personally put my infant in one because I don't think it looks like they'd get good airflow around them, and I'd be too worried it would increase one of the risk factors for SIDS. There are cribs you can buy that don't take up huge amounts of space, and I'd rather reconfigure the closet to get the most out of it for storage than use it for a crib.

It is adorable but I think I share this concern.  I wouldn't want to sleep in a space where there was such little air movement so I couldn't ask baby to.

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• Options
    I've seen this done a few different ways and I think it's a fantasitc idea if you can spare the closet space. I even know of some parents who put LOs crib in their walk in closets too. They just make sure the "room" has a good fan for air circulation.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I think it's creative and cozy.   And if you personalize it it doesn't feel like a closet.

Great space saving. And it's not like you are putting your baby in a drawer or something! 

• Options

I couldn't do it because of the lack if airflow. I have a kid who always snuggles up to one side if the crib and I'd hate for it to be the side against the wall. 

I think using the closet for other purposes is a great idea though.  

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options
    Love it!  As long as you don't need the closet space I say do it.  We are in desperate need of the clothing space.  Two bedroom condo with 2 kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't like it because of the lack of airflow.  Wouldn't it be easier to put the dresser in the closet?
    BFP 5.31.2011 ~*~ Michael Joseph ~*~ BORN 2.8.2012
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ehhh....just doesn't feel right to me.
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards