Pre-School and Daycare
Options

XP: My almost 4 y.o hates sleep! Help!!

My almost 4 y.o. wakes up around 7 every morning, we don't get home til later during the week because of work and having to go pick them up so by the time we are done with dinner, it's almost 7 so it's hard to get her wound down for the night and in bed before 9. And to top it off, she doesn't take naps most days. She used to come up to our room every night and and would wind up in our bed. I got tired of that and said if she came up she had to sleep on the floor. Then she did that for a while and we decided it was time to take our room back. She said that she came up because she had bad dreams. I told her that it was fine to come and get me if she had a bad dream but that we had to go back to her room, no more sleeping with mommy and daddy. Now, I am up with her at least once if not twice a night for bad dreams every.single.night and sometimes a third time to use the bathroom. This getting up 2 times a night for my almost 4 y.o. is beyond ridiculous now.  My 15 month old sleeps much better than her sister.  What can I do?  We do have a night light, her sound machine with the projector and a dimmer light all on in her room at her request and we leave her door open (also her request).  I'm not sure what else I can do.
Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: XP: My almost 4 y.o hates sleep! Help!!

• Options
    I don't have any advice, but I wanted to tell you I am having the EXACT same problem with DD. DS goes to sleep willingly, with DD it's a fight every night. We even have a bedtime routine, which helped immensely for ages, but suddenly it's like everything has gone out the window. Most nights she doesn't sleep in her bed at all, I'll find her asleep on the floor in her room. But sure enough like clockwork, she wakes up every night and wanders into our room. She doesn't even come to my side anymore because she knows I will tell her no, she just goes directly to my DH because he's a heavy sleeper and she can get away with it with him. It's so frustrating.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"