Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Hot Tub after C-Section?

Hello Ladies:

I was wondering how long do I/or should I wait until I get into a hottub??? I had my C-Section on October 15th so I'm a little over 5 weeks PP. Is it safe to get in the hottub by turkey day? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hot Tub after C-Section?

• Have you had your Dr. visit yet? They're usually at 6 weeks. If you're no longer bleeding and your scar healed you're probably fine, but you might want to check at your Dr. visit. I cheated and jumped in the pool around 4-5 wks. I didn't get reprimanded, but at the time I wondered whether I made the right call. I was fine, though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Wait til your 6week visit and all clear...I have a hottub in the backyard of our house (which we bought when I was 10 weeks pregnant) so I know how hard it is to wait as I had to wait all pregnancy and thene the 6 mandatory weeks but saw the hottub every stinking night...but better safe than sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would wait until your doc clears you at about 6-8 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No.

Just no.

Between the time you give birth via c-section and the time you get the all clear from your doctor, you should not:

1. sit in a hot tub, pool or even bath
    2. have sex (yes, I know, and we don't need to bring it up again)
    3. get a flippin' tattoo, particularly in the area of your incision
    4. engage in strenuous exercise or lift anything heavier than your baby
    5. use tampons or douche
    6. using stairs more than is necessary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"