WWYD Re: scheduling RCS — The Bump
C-sections

WWYD Re: scheduling RCS

Hi Ladies!

I am due 3/10 which is a Saturday, and since standard is not to schedule a CS over the weekend, my OB recommended I schedule for Monday, which would be 39w2d. BUT I have a real problem with scheduling on a Monday... it would be more difficult for my DD, and for taking time off for DH, that really is the worst day possible!  I really want to schedule for that Wed., which would be 39w4d for the reasons mentioned above, and b/c that is the same date of my grandfather's birthday which I thought would be cool.

My docs told me to do whatever I want, but to know the risk of going into labor increases with each day (obviously).  I am NOT opposed to a VBAC, but I am not set out to have one either.  I know baby could come at any time, with a scheduled date or not, but putting something on the calendar is a must with a RCS.  WWYD? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WWYD Re: scheduling RCS

  • baby will come when its ready... lol

    kai was scheduled to come at 39w4d, but i went into labor at 39w on the dot...

     

    this time around, i just kinda went with whatever the doc wanted to do... he is on call on 12/1 which puts me at 39w1d... guess we shall see if baby likes that day!

    Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
  • If you have any inkling to VBAC, I would schedule the c section as late as possible.  That's what I'm hoping to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would schedule it for the day you would like, and if baby comes before that then lucky you! 
    image

    image
  • image kcvasquez:
    I would schedule it for the day you would like, and if baby comes before that then lucky you! 

     This is what I would do!  

    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My doctor told me to schedule it for the day I wanted before my edd with ds2. I picked a thursday (39w3d) b/c the ob liked was doing surgeries and it was much easier for dh to get off. I would pick the day you want to do it. My OB said if I went into labor before then that they would just have me come to the hospital for a c/s. I wasn't to concerned since my water didn't break until 40w5d with DS1
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would schedule the day that works for you. Isn't that one of the points of scheduling?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers




  • I would go ahead and scheduled it for Wednesday. If the baby comes sooner, then it comes sooner.

    I can't go into to full labor because my risk of rupture is greater (classical vertical incision on the inside) so I was scheduled at 38w1d. I was in early labor when I got to the hospital on his scheduled eviction date.

    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • You can go into labor and still have a c/s if you want one. You just wont be able to pick the date. My doc is allowing me to go to 41 weeks to see if I can wait for baby to be ready. Try to push to get the date you want.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would do Wednesday if that's what you want
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • why not schedule for that friday 3/09 instead? gives you the weekend to be in hospital and fewer days for DH to take off.

    You also have plenty of time, so research the VBAC option... I did and changed my mind. I was figuring on RCS automatically but my Dr was fine with my change of heart in october... Since I am due the first week of January, I think she took the plan change well.

    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • image angelina477:
    You can go into labor and still have a c/s if you want one. You just wont be able to pick the date. My doc is allowing me to go to 41 weeks to see if I can wait for baby to be ready. Try to push to get the date you want.

    This is similar to what we are hoping to do this time.  I had a scheduled c-section with Sophia, and went into labor a week before.  I would much rather go into labor and have the c-section.  It feels somewhat..."normal" ...that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards