January 2011 Moms
Options

Lesion on back of head

At 4:30am during our nursing session I caressed JT's head. I felt a lesion of some sort on the back of his head. I had only the night light on so I tried to see it as best I could and it was very red and felt like scabby. I woke up DH and asked him if he knew what it could be from - he said he probably just fell. Well when I checked this morning it was pretty bad - and I was like I would remember that fall for sure! Well after thinking a bit we realized what happened - my FIL was pulling him by the legs all over the carpet on Sunday and I think the poor little guy has rug burn on the back of his head! I feel so bad! Not only did I fail him by not forcing the issue with allowing him to nap, I also enabled him to get pretty bad rug burn on his head! What's wrong with me?? (He's fine, I'm not too worried but I really need to trust my instincts more often!)

Re: Lesion on back of head

• Options
    Oh no. :( How sad. Poor little guy. You didn't know that was going to happen though. Try not to beat yourself up about it.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Um, first off..I am just now seeing your new siggy pic, and who is that handsome young man!? I cant believe how big and adorable he is!! I must not have seen a recent picture lately. What a cutie.

Secondly, How were you to know that would happen. Dont be so hard on yourself. Im sure JT didnt even know he had the scab. Hopefully it heals quickly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMarSamWhitney:

Um, first off..I am just now seeing your new siggy pic, and who is that handsome young man!? I cant believe how big and adorable he is!! I must not have seen a recent picture lately. What a cutie.

Secondly, How were you to know that would happen. Dont be so hard on yourself. Im sure JT didnt even know he had the scab. Hopefully it heals quickly!

Thanks ;) - he's rocking the new Timberlands his daddy bought him! They are so big and heavy and totally impractical for a kid trying to learn how to walk but I'll allow them on special outings.
  • Options
    poor beebo.  fwiw I tried to be cool and fun like my H, and put Shiloh on my shoulders the other day, and did it while standing in a doorway and managed to bounce her head off the top of the door frame. 
  • Options
    MrsLynnyd, JT is such a big boy!!  So cute!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageRosieBcheeks98:
    MrsLynnyd, JT is such a big boy!!  So cute!! 
    I think the same when I see Coop!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"