Cincinnati Babies
Options

Child care

Hello all...

I do not typically post much on here, but I am having trouble even beginning to know where or how to start looking at child care. I am only 21 weeks pregnant with my first child, but I figured I probably need to start looking into this. I would prefer finding someone who watches children in their homes rather than day cares. Is there a good website? Does anyone have any good recommendations? I live in the Colerain area close to 275 but am also looking in the 75 north area as well. I am hoping there is a really good sitter out there who does not cost an arm and a leg!

Re: Child care

• Options

I believe you can find in-home care on care.com.  In my opinion though, the best way to find someone though is to ask around - friends, cousins, co-workers, neighbors, etc.  I feel like you are more likely to get an honest opinion that way.  Just to give a frame of reference, I pay $165/week for M.  My sitter generally charges $155/week, but I pay a little more because she keeps her a little later for me than the other children.

Good luck to you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with previous post as well, ask around and see if anyone has a recommendation. I pay $150 a week, my sitter is in Milford, so I don't think that would be helpful for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in Colerain too!  We found an excellet inhome sitter right off Ronald Reagan Hwy at Winton Rd.  Feel free to send me a message at rudy_rood at yahoo dot com.  I can give you more info. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think that's a little far out of our way. Hopefully some of my friends will know of a good sitter.

Thank you everyone for your comments.

• Options

You could also check out 4C for Children to help you find what you are looking for.  They are a nonprofit organization whose mission it is to act as an advocate, leader and resource for early childhood education and care in the region.  One of their services is to listen to what your needs are and then make recommendations for care options, which also include in home care. 

I have gotten some written material from them about different aspects of care.  I still plan to call and ask for referrals for childcare, but have not done it yet.  The phone number is 513.221.0033.

I hope this is helpful.

• Options

Hello! I actually work for the regional child care resource and referral agency, 4C for Children, that gives free referrals for child care to local families. I highly, highly recommend getting in touch with one of our parent counselors... they can help you figure out what's best for your situation, and can in some cases help with child care subsidy. You can get info on how to contact here!

https://www.4cforchildren.org/parents/ps.html

Good luck!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi, If I was u I would first try to see if a family member is able to watch your baby first or if u and the dad could switch shifts so, baby can stay home with either one of you!!! Its just so unsafe out here and If I had to find daycare I would rather its a center because I feel they got cameras and you can see other parents and get to know them and see if they got any problems!!! Always check the daycare out a couple of times to see how the workers interact with the babies. I just had my second child and was blessed my older aunt was willing to watch her!!! I really hate to be away from my baby but altleast she with family. So, try those couple things! Nice chatting to u! Good luck with your search u still have awhile to figure it all out!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"