August 2012 Moms

Some things to know about being due in August

Hi August 2012 mommies!  Congratulations on your BFPs!!  August is an awesome due date club.  There's a few things to keep in mind about being due in August. 

1.  You will become an expert at fake drinking or you will spill the beans over the holidays.  Keeping such a big secret is fun and so is spreading the news.  You can't go wrong either way.  Big Smile

2.  Every woman you meet will tell you that it is SO HOT in August.  Duh.  You already know that.  

3.  It will be hot!  You will probably spend all of the summer in the pool or next to the A/C unit.  Invest in a maternity bathing suit and spend some time getting to know your fellow bumpies.  I swear we have such a tight-knit group on our board because that last month none of us ventured out of the A/C!

4.  That last month all those women who told you how hot it would be will avoid you.  They already know that you're huge, swollen, and uncomfortable and at any moment may bite someone's head off.  The only people who will say anything about how miserable you must be, being huge and pregnant in the summer, are fat men.  For realz.  They should know. 

5.  You'll constantly wonder if your water is leaking because of swamp crotch.  You may not wear pants anymore for this reason.  Old Navy sells awesome maxi dresses in non-maternity sizes that will cover your bump at its biggest and make you look fabulous after delivery.  

I wish you all the best of pregnancies.  Congratulations again!   Drinks

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Some things to know about being due in August

• Awww - what an awesome post! Thanks so much! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Also, write down everything you are feeling and experiencing. I did and it is fun to go back and read.

Also, on those days you are avoiding heat, try working on the baby book and getting the nursery ready or baby proofing. They say you will have plenty of time... but you won't. You will be too busy sleeping when your LO is sleeping.

Also, whoever says "get sleep while you can" is full of it. I swear I got more sleep AFTER DS was born than in those last 2 months.

Put your OBGYN as a contact in your phone. If your water breaks in the middle of the night like mine did, you don't want to be hunting for their number.

And for a holiday tip: if you are going to tell family, have a video camera ready. I wish I did.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so jealous of you August 2012 ladies! I wish I could go back and do it all again because time really does fly. Your babies will be here before you know it! We told our families over Christmas last year, so the holiday season is bringing back so many good memories. It was such an exciting time.  

I hope you all have a great nine months!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My fellow 8/11 mommies are so right, about everything. Dresses are your friends. Seriously. 

I just wanted to say congratulations! Enjoy the ride, wherever it takes you (July, Aug or even September).  

We told our parents and siblings over the holidays, but waited until later to post on FB or spread the word beyond our closest friends, just in case. To tell my godmother, I gave her a picture frame with 4 slots in it. I filled 3 of them with pics of my 3 cousins (also her godchildren) and their respective children. I put a picture of a sea turtle in the last one (he's our honeymoon baby, from Kauai). SHe got it right away. If we had an ultrasound pic at that point, I would have put that in it. Just an idea to share. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • sooooo true sooo true! also hydrate! make sure to bring a water bottle with you when your out and about.

when I was pg with ds I lived in my maxi i got at target. and in my underwear when at home lol 

• Those wristbands are great for morning/all day sickness. 

When Old Navy has their flip flop sale invest in as many pairs as you can.  Your feet may not fit in anything else!

Get yourself a pregnancy pillow.  It is way more comfy and forgiving than your husband/significant other.

When you are ready to register come on over and ask us 2011 mommies what are must haves were.  You end up getting things you will never use otherwise!

• Yes Congrats to you August 2012 mommies! It's so weird to think that last year at this time I was looking forward to telling my parents and in-laws...we broke the news to them at Thanksgiving when we told them what we were thankful for. Then we shared the news with the rest of our friends and family at Christmas! I gave a gift to my nephew and inside was a piece of paper saying that we were prego! The holidays are a great time to share your big news! GL to you all!! If you need any advice be sure to visit the Aug 2011 moms cuz we're the "pros" now haha
  • Be prepared for alllllll kinds of information you never wanted. Try and brush it off and vent about it here. I wish I hadn't stressed so much about BF or FF, and other things that don't actually matter. Also...warn your SO's about the mood swings you will most certainly have. Tell him you will cry in the middle of Walmart if they are out of your favorite ice cream.

Good luck ladies!!! Enjoy the ride and focus on the end result not all of the meaningless things in between. 

• imagedanni914:

Those wristbands are great for morning/all day sickness. 

When Old Navy has their flip flop sale invest in as many pairs as you can.  Your feet may not fit in anything else!

Get yourself a pregnancy pillow.  It is way more comfy and forgiving than your husband/significant other.

When you are ready to register come on over and ask us 2011 mommies what are must haves were.  You end up getting things you will never use otherwise!

Oh yes...I didn't wear anything else. lol 

• Thanks! Advice, wisdom and encouragement is much appreciated!

BTW, I love that you used "swamp crotch"......I can only imagine! Luckily, it doesn't get too hot here, but I know I will feel way more hot than I normally do at that point!

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

• imageSvenny1011:

Thanks! Advice, wisdom and encouragement is much appreciated!

BTW, I love that you used "swamp crotch"......I can only imagine! Luckily, it doesn't get too hot here, but I know I will feel way more hot than I normally do at that point!

Not sure where you are but I'm in New England and "not too hot" will feel like you are in a sauna haha. I had to keep a fan at my desk in an air conditioned building because I was always dying of heat! DH didn't even want to sleep next to me at night because he said I was just radiating heat!

Seriously though, congrats to all of you ladies! I just got a little teary eyed reading this post and thinking about going through this last year! We told our families at Christmas and it was so exciting!

Take all of the advice you get with a grain of salt. DOn't feel like you have to follow everyone's advice and all of the "rules". Do whatever works for you and your family and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. Also stock up on panty liners because on top of the swamp crotch, you are going to feel like you are leaking all of the time from lack of bladder control. Its tons of fun haha.  

• I'm a furnace while pregnant, so I can just imagine how I'll be next summer. We may or may not have to get rid of the leather couches (blech).
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
  • imagesourapplemartini:
    I'm a furnace while pregnant, so I can just imagine how I'll be next summer. We may or may not have to get rid of the leather couches (blech).

I live in Texas and have leather couches...it shouldn't even be allowed. 

• congrats mamas!  A couple pieces of advice.  Walk Walk Walk and Hydrate.  I never swelled and my BP stayed way down.  My OB was very impressed :)

Someone else said sleep now and if you are going to be FTM you will never understand until you have your first.  I could not believe how much sleep you actually lose.  I was a zombie the first 6 weeks, but it does get better.  Everyone will tell you to sleep when the baby sleeps....yeah right...when are you supposed to eat, shower, pump, or do anything for yourself if you don't do it while your LO sleeps???

If help is offered TAKE IT.  Meals are the best present a friend or family member can give you.

Enjoy the next 9 months...I can't wait to do it again :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations to all of you! Being a mom is the hardest, most amazing thing I have ever done.

I whole heartedly agree with the dress/skirt piece. I lived in them, and by the end flip flops were the only shoes I wore and they left indentations on my feet.

Don't think you will remember it all - take pics, keep a blog or diary - you'll be posting for the August 2013 ladies before you know it!

Trust your instincts and don't be afraid to call your doctor even if you think it's a "stupid question." That's what they're there for.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• Congrats August 2012 Mommies! I still can't beleive that it was already a year ago that I was in your shoes.

Like all the other 2011 moms said, it will go by sooooo fast. Enjoy every minute of it (even the uncomfortable heat). It is all worth it in the end, and if you are like me, you will miss being pregnant.

Happy Holidays!

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Aww, congrats 8/12 mommies!!! Can't believe it's already been a year since we began our journey! I don't think I saw this yet, but take belly pics!!! I got my BFP early, so I took a 4 wk pic, and did every 4 wks till 16 wks, then every 2 wks till 36 wks, then every wk till I delivered. You will be amazed looking back at the transformation your body goes through to bring your sweet LO into this world. Enjoy the crazy ride:-)
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSkibunny07:
    imageSvenny1011:

Thanks! Advice, wisdom and encouragement is much appreciated!

Not sure where you are but I'm in New England and "not too hot" will feel like you are in a sauna haha. I had to keep a fan at my desk in an air conditioned building because I was always dying of heat! DH didn't even want to sleep next to me at night because he said I was just radiating heat!

Seriously though, congrats to all of you ladies! I just got a little teary eyed reading this post and thinking about going through this last year! We told our families at Christmas and it was so exciting!

Take all of the advice you get with a grain of salt. DOn't feel like you have to follow everyone's advice and all of the "rules". Do whatever works for you and your family and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. Also stock up on panty liners because on top of the swamp crotch, you are going to feel like you are leaking all of the time from lack of bladder control. Its tons of fun haha.  

Very true -  I live in Colorado where the heat doesn't get too bad. I was out for a walk when it was in the upper 70's one day and just about passed out!! 

• I remembered something else to share :) Never say never. Seriously.

I said I would never get an epidural because of my back issues. That was a savior that let me sleep and finish dilating.

I was determined to breastfeed DS until he was 6 months old. Thanks to stress, I dried up at 10 weeks. Or that I would wait until DS was 6 months to start foods. I am asking at his 4 month appointment as he is showing the signs of ready.

I was sure I was not going to want to watch the birth. When they asked if I wanted the mirror, I said sure.

Save receipts for items. Because you may need to return them if you get multiple, or if it turns out LO hates it.

The truth is, what works for someone may or may not work for you. Even when asking for opinons on baby gear, as we aug 11 mommies can attest, every baby is different. What one baby loves, one will scream over. Make sure to keep an open mind about everything and follow your instincts.

• My advice... when you finally give in and get the Nausea meds from the Dr..make sure you eat an apple everyday or take some sort of fiber.  It will save your butt. Cool Literally, lol.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Dont forget to take progress pics!! You will regret it if you dont! I took pics about every 3 weeks or so up unitl the last 10, when I took the weekly.

Like stated before, dresses are going to be your best friend. I was very greatful to be 7,8, 9 months pregnant during a time that I could wear comfy dresses. I dont know how the winter gals do it! Being in pants felt so uncomfortable and it had nothing to do with the heat. I cant imagine having to be bundled up so tightly while being that pregnant.

Dont forget to go for regular walks or pop in a pregnancy workout video. Doing a light workout will make you feel better and help fight fatigue. Doing workouts throughout my pregnancy made me fell more mobile at the end.

Ladies, the time flies by!! I know that you think you have a lot of time to get things done but, you dont!! Do everything you can do, when you can do it. There are a lot of people that think they have so much time to do everything and then are scrambling in the end to get it done. It was nice to set everything up and have it ready before my belly got too big. I could spend the time at the end just relaxing and waiting for my little one instead of rushing around panicking that things still had to be done.

Please, dont mind us August 2011 moms popping in and saying hi, posting congrats and whatnot. Please feel free to come over to our board as well. Whether it is to just say hi or ask questions, you are welcome anytime! H&H 9 months to you all!!

• imageLadyLissame:

Put your OBGYN as a contact in your phone. If your water breaks in the middle of the night like mine did, you don't want to be hunting for their number.

I went in to labor 4 weeks early and neither my husband nor I could find the number for the OBGYN!!!  I was trying to Google it between contractions.  Funny now....not so funny then!

I feel like all the good advice has been given!!  If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask - the August '11 ladies really are awesome.  I never knew that I would find so many friends that initially shared nothing more than a due date.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Congratulations August 2012 mommies!

I know a lot of people are going to point out the negatives of being pregnant through the entire summer, but I actually really liked being due in August.  Here's why...

1) You don't have to deal with bulky maternity sweaters and jackets.  I loved getting to live in dresses and flip flops and I didn't have to spend a lot on expensive maternity clothes because you can find plenty of regular dresses that compliment your growing bump.

2) You're getting your BFP's now so you get the fun of telling your families at either Thanksgiving or Christmas.  It's a great "gift" to give everyone!

3) I loved having DD at the end of August because the holidays were here before I knew it.  It's a blast getting to dress up LO for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and you won't have to wait long to do it!

4) Two words: ice cream.

Congratulations once again and enjoy the next 9 months!  It's a roller coaster ride but it's over so fast and then you get to start a whole new adventure with your beautiful baby.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • My advice...when you are shopping for maternity clothes, try to choose some items that will transition well for breast feeding clothing! Also, be sure to read up on csections even if have your heart set on a natural birth - you never know what will happen! I never thought it would happen to me. Congrats!

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I say just enjoy every moment even the bad like sciatica pains and waddling like a ducky lol because it really goes by fast. Also keep a journal and for sure get 3D/4D pics its the best! Big Smile Good Luck ladies and hey if you have any questions please PM me Duffgurl is always here Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Congratulations!!

I think having a baby in August was/is way better than any other month for a few reasons:

1. Like a PP said, you don't have to deal with trying to find a winter coat or sweaters. 

2. It gives you a good excuse to buy a kiddie pool and sit in it, even without your LO here yet. (I never did this, but I really wanted to!)

3.  Flip-flops are a must have, and now you have the perfect reason to buy more!

4. It gives you another reason to get ice cream every day after dinner (or breakfast or lunch).

Some words of advice:

Always go to the bathroom before leaving the house. You will have to go as soon as you get in the car.

Find out where the bathroom is in each store you visit, or where the nearest one is when going to the mall.

Be sure to drink plenty of water!! It really does help with water retention and keeps those pesky headaches away.

Eat often. Keep snacks with you to curb hunger & cravings. This will also help with morning (aka all day sickness) sickness. I quickly learned that if my stomach got completely empty, I was a lot sicker.

Good luck in these upcoming months! It is going to be a fun & exciting time!! 

• Congrats ladies! My advice:

1. Get a body pillow. That's the only way I could sleep in the later months. You mighte need to get 2 of them incase your DH/dogs/cats steal it like they did in my house!

2. Find out what a Fisher Price Rock N' Play is (RnP) and register for it!!! It's a life saver!

3. Enjoy every moment because it flies by.

4. And the best thing about being due in Aug. is you can go to the beach and not have to worry about what you look like... because you'll be 8 or 9 months pregnant!

• I just wanted to say congratulations!

Enjoy the ride, wherever it takes you (July, Aug or even September). The fun thing that we did in our pregnancy was to get a very stretchy yoga outfit so you could really see the difference in the bump. Always fun to have these photo's on hand...and yes you will look like over done jiffy pop, but it is well worth it!

Oh and the last month is a great month to really stick together with your fellow bumpies....esp when you are trying to figure out if your water broke or are in false labour or ready to take that evil not worth it step to cod liver oil. Yes you will get to that point! Sleep as much and when ever possible.

Congrats and good luck to all of youWink

Owyn Russell - August 10, 2011

Lily Ann - March 22, 2016

• Yay August Mommy's to be! You are in for an exciting ride. Don't be afraid to post anything and everything.. Regardless if you feel dumb or not! Being paranoid/worried/stressed/etc are all normal feelings and being able to relate to others is a great way to vent and relieve stress. I ended up having my baby in July but still stuck with my August ladies because they are amazing :) Congrats and cherish every moment because it goes by so fast.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • August Mommies-- CONGRATULATIONS!!

Having a Summer baby is awesome! The outfits...OOOOOOooohhhh the outfits! I loved putting her in little dresses!

Speaking of clothes, a word of advice: Do not buy too many summery clothes! I went a little overboard and didn't think about the fact that you have August, then September,and then it starts getting cooler (depending on where you live, of course). Get only newborn and some 0-3 in summery stuff, and the other half of 0-3 in warmer stuff. Trust me-- you will thank me later!

One more word of advice: RE- Swelling

If your feet, hands, etc start to swell from the heat, drink water with 2-3 lemon slices in it all day long. The acid in the lemon will cause the swelling to go down.

Lastly-- I wish you all the very best of luck!! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My only advice is to ignore any unsolicited comments you get about your pregnancy. One second you will hear you are SO big, then SO small, then disbelief that you still have a few more months to go. Try to smile and try your best not to kill any strangers. I just started lying about when I was due so people would leave me alone. Lol... Wishing you all the best!

• My original EDD was in July and people always made comments about how terrible it will be/must be to be pregnant in the summer.  I always told them this wasn't Little House on the Prairie Days...I have A/C in my home and my "horseless carriage" so it really wasn't that bad.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations ladies!

My words of advice are to plan for the unexpected as well as all the nice things they tell you in baby class. I was the reason they give you those statistics. It was a nightmare, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. In the end, you'll have a baby. The 9 months really do go by fast, so just remember that whatever you're feeling is only for a short while, and then it's on to the next thing.

For any of you who have questions about the unexpected, I'm free to answer them. Feel free to PM me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations to all the August 2012 Momma's!

August 2011 is an awesome board with lots of really great ladies so I'm sure if anyone wants advise on our experiences on anything (no matter how small or dumb) you can drop by to our board with questions.

Having an August baby is great!

Happy pregnancies everyone!!  Smile

• Thank you 8/11 Mommies... This was seriously the sweetest thing and a great way to start my day.  I decided to turn on one of the baby shows on TLC while I worked from home (HUGE MISTAKE) but the Pampers commercial got me teary eyed and then when I started reading your messages I broke down... no I don't think it's horemones yet but I think it is really starting to hit me now!!!! I've always said "The only thing I want other than a healthy baby is to not be 9 months pregnant in August" well... darn! haha but you are totally right about the dresses and not wearing pant suits every day (I have to wear them for work... ugh) and not having to battle snow to get to the hospital will be great positives.  Thank you for turning my view around!!! Your advice is always welcomed!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• If you wern't here through TTC (Trying to Conceive) then you will need this board.  Don't be afraid to ask anything.  There is never TMI.

Don't be afraid to come over to Aug 2011 and ask us anything. 

Don't be afraid to PM any of us we are all really friendly. :)

Have Fun and I hope you enjoy being pregnant more than I did.  I hated it!

And as PP said If you want to get the cute summer clothes get them in 12-18 months.  Also try to find white tights and long sleeve onsies they will turn all the summer dresses you get for the LO at your shower into winter dresses!

H&H 9 months.

• I got a little teary eyed reading this post because I cannot believe it's been a year since the August 2010 mommies created a post like this for us. :) Time truly does fly, and there are times you will wish your pregnancy was just over but try to enjoy it...I'm a chubby Alaskan who was due in August in the hot and humid state of Maryland, so I was pretty miserable at times, but I still cannot wait to do it all over again. Pregnancy is such an exciting time.

I just want to echo everyone else's words of advice about water (I drank about 120 gallons a day and was still super swollen...but it helped w/ my BP and the heat), DRESSES, floating in the pool when you can, and telling your families over the holidays. I had a video camera for when we told my family on Christmas morning and I still watch it and cry. :) The Fisher Price RnP may very well save your sanity and your marriage. Ditto pp about never say never - I was 100% positive I would breastfeed for a year, no matter what struggles we encountered and I spent my entire pg researching BF, and I made it 5 weeks. I was depressed then, and still get sad sometimes thinking that I failed, but if I hadn't of been so set on it I don't think I would feel quite as bad about quitting. My last piece of advice - try not to compare every little thing whether it be pg related or baby related to your fellow bumpies. TB and the club board is a great resource, but all babies and pregnancies are different and it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong.

• imageSkibunny07:
    Take all of the advice you get with a grain of salt. Don't feel like you have to follow everyone's advice and all of the "rules". Do whatever works for you and your family and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. Also stock up on panty liners because on top of the swamp crotch, you are going to feel like you are leaking all of the time from lack of bladder control. Its tons of fun haha. 

...and Snissing...lol

Congratulations August 2012 mommies on your BFP!! Wow. Cant believe that exactly one year ago this week we got our BFP, and told my family that I was pregnant...and now here you ladies are! It's bittersweet for us Aug 11 moms cause we're all happy to have our LOs, but at the same time, I think we're kinda missing the excitement that we all had this time last Thanksgiving...we see you and look back fondly on our own memories. So I hope you dont mind if we lurk on your board a little and live vicariously through your pregnancies...and reminisce a bit... Smile

It's an exciting time! You TRULY have something to be thankful for this year. :) And as PP's have said, one of the greatest times of year to get your BFP cause of all the creative ways you can find to announce your big news over the holidays!

Some more great things about being due in August:

1. You dont have to worry about slipping on ice when your shifted center of gravity already has you waddling inadvertently into walls/door jambs at random...or having to squeeze your a$$ into a sweater.

2. Light summer clothing and sandals during the times where you just wish it was legal to walk around naked in the open (and you will when you're at home...even in the A/C...trust me.)

3. You have the perfect excuse to eat/drink delicious frozen confections after (or in place of) every meal. (Frosties/Blizzards/Sonic slushies anyone??)

4. Free Slurpee day at 7-Eleven when you're 8 months pregnant! (on 7/11) Party!!!

5. Your kiddo gets to have awesome summer pool/beach/outdoor birthday parties every year!

Additional advice:

1. Nursing tanks. If you're planning to BF, GET SOME. You'll LOVE them, and will likely live in them for the majority of your maternity leave (or 1st 8-12 weeks if you're a SAHM). (If you're busty, or "busty" is an understatement (like me), the Glamourmom 'long' tanks are pricey, but well worth it.)

2. Be prepared...your hormones are gonna take you on a roller coaster ride. You will cry at everything...all.the.time. Sometimes while laughing simultaneously. Over something small and stupid. It's inevitable. Have tissues handy.

3. Invest in nursing pads in your 2nd tri. You may start leaking colostrum early, and you dont wanna wake up with messy pj's/sheets, or be caught with a wet shirt if you hear a baby crying in the store.

4. Participate in HDBD!! If anything, just to have a pic of your bump every week. I'm sad to say I only took about 4 pics of my bump total, and I regret not having that much progression to look back on. I make up for it by taking a gajillion pics of my DS every day instead. Smile

5. If you have a question, even if you think it's a stupid one or isnt priority enough to warrant a call your OB...CALL THEM ANYWAY. It's better to be safe than sorry.

6. The bolded part quoted above is great advice! Just because some things work for some, doesnt mean that they work for you. Dont let anyone guilt you into doing something that you're really not comfortable with. Stand your ground and speak your mind, even if it means being snarky; then just blame the hormones if someone gets upset about it. :)

7. Say it with me ladies: "Pregnancy Brain." Know it. Love it. USE IT FOR EVERYTHING. Everyone understands.

8. Most of all: ENJOY your pregnancy! There will be times where you will feel miserable, or tired, or sore, or big and heavy, or just plain DONE...just keep your eye on the prize! Enjoy that people rush to open doors, offer to help carry stuff, or let you cut in line at the store. Accept the fact that people are gonna make stupid comments, or say things that make you want to gouge their eyes out with a blunt instrument...when all is said and done, you'll miss it! And you have this beautiful baby to show for it. You'll look back on all of it after your LO is here, and remember it as one of the greatest experiences of your life.

Dont be afraid to ask your fellow Bumpies for advice, especially you FTMs...and you're welcome to come to the August 11 board any time if you wanna know our experience with it! Your board can/will become your BFF, especially when you get down to those last couple of months, and into the 1st several weeks of your LOs life. Our board is probably one of the tightest BMBs on TB. Like eatmorecupcakes said, I never thought I would meet so many great people and make so many friends out of a group of ladies that at one point had nothing more in common than a due date. I've never found a more supportive group of people than I have on my BMB.

Congrats again, and a H&H 9 months to all of you!!!

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Congrats to all the Aug 12 mamas!!!

The advice I can give is try to ignore the stupid comments people will say to you, there will be lots of them.  Take pics each week of your progress cause those are always nice to look back on.   Get to know the ladies on your board cause Aug ladies are the BEST!!!  If anything doesn't feel right with your pregnancy don't be afraid to bring it up to your Dr.  If you think you have lots of time left...you may never know (delivered in June).

Enjoy EVERY moment. H&H for the next 9 months!!!!

• This is so sweet! We aren't telling anyone just yet so it is so nice to read all the good wishes and advice!

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"