Where do you put your humidifier? — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

Where do you put your humidifier?

I'm struggling with where to put our crane humidifier in the nursery. I know I don't want to put it on our wood floors. I'm concerned about putting it on our wood furniture. Where did you put yours? Is there something I can put under it safely?

Re: Where do you put your humidifier?

• In DS' room the humidifier is on the wooden built in bookshelf ledge on top of a towel. It is not a crane fwiw. For DD's nursery, I am getting a crane and from experience with my mom's it needs to be elevated at least a little off the ground. So I plan on putting it on the dresser with a towel underneath it as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have hardwood floors throughout our house. I put plastic/rubber pet placemats with rims underneath humidifers to protect the floor. Something like this: http://www.petco.com/product/113796/Petco-Oval-Pet-Food-Placemat.aspx

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Is it safe to put under carpet?
  • when we put ours in our room, it went on the carpet. just be sure it's not directly blowing on any wood furniture. we had no issues when it was on the floor.

right now ours is on top of the fridge downstairs. the one that will be in DS' room will go on the dresser, i'm not worried about it damaging the wood. we have the teardrop and it points up... we've never had any problems with condensation/moisture at any point in time with the one we've had (and used all winter long) for 3 years. 

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • We have the Crane humidifier also and plan on putting it on a wooden snack tray near crib with a towel underneath.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought a 99 cent square plastic plate from target to set the humidifier on.  All of it sits on the carpeted floor in DS's room!
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Wood floors in DS's rooms. I have a rubber placemat, towel, then the humidifier. Never had any problems.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• image MissYouDietCoke:
    I bought a 99 cent square plastic plate from target to set the humidifier on.  All of it sits on the carpeted floor in DS's room!

Awesome thinking!

I read the manual and it says not to put on carpet or put a towel under it. I didn't think it would hurt anything but don't really want to go against what it said...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards