Houston Babies

C-section Question for Mom with 1+ kids

Hi moms

I have a few question regarding c-section Me and my husband decided 2012 we wil start ttc and our daughter will be 3 by then. I had an emergency c-section with her so I have already decided i will want a repeat will not even consider trying for a vaginal So will my insurance be aganist me  scheduling a repeat? or how does it work? with insurance  I am really confuse and I just need my questions answer I really appreciate you guys if you answer it. And also which drs in houston will not attempt a vbac or push it on me? Sorry I am bumping from my iphone sorry for any typos! thanks again guys! 

Re: C-section Question for Mom with 1+ kids

• I would say most docs WON'T do a VBAC.  Repeat c-sec is the norm, so I wouldn't worry about your ins. company covering.  Def. talk to your doc, though, just to confirm.  And you could probaby confirm with your insurance company, too - just tell them the scenario.  They will probably cover what the doc recommends as medically safe, and more likley than not, it will be a repeat CS.
  • I just had a baby recently, and ended up with a c-section.... when I went back for my 6 week check my OB said that if I were to have another baby she would only do a c-section, no VBAC. So I know if I stay with her that will be my only option... which is fine. I use Dr Levin, who is at Memorial Hermann Memorial City location.

I don't know anything about insurance though, but Id presume that if that is what the doctor says is the safe way to go that they'd cover it.... I hope anyway :) 

Our little boy arrived 4 weeks early! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't imagine a scenario in which a doctor or insurance company would have a problem with a repeat c-section. I'm sure you'll be fine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hahahaha! There's about 6 OBs in Houston that will even do vbac. No one pushes them, or even recommends them, despite ACOG guidelines. Your insurance will not have a problem with it.
    - Jena
  • Your doctor will make a recommendation based on your situation. If it is medically necessary, then I'm sure that it will be covered.

In many cases, it depends on the doctor's best medical opinion about what is necessary. Many doctors feel that a repeat c-section is the better medical option. Some will consider V-BAC in certain circumstances; others will not.

Your doctor knows where he or she falls in all of this medical necessity reasoning. 

• Ditto to all of the above. Not many will do VBACs, let alone "force" them on you. Just an FYI, due to changes in Medicaid (and therefore all other insurance companies as well), you cannot be electively induced or be given a repeat cesarean (also considered an elective procedure) any earlier than 39 weeks. Only medical reasons (pregnancy induced hypertension, complicated twin gestations, gestational diabetes, etc.) will be a reason to do either any earlier than 39 weeks.

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejen5/03:
    Hahahaha! There's about 6 OBs in Houston that will even do vbac. No one pushes them, or even recommends them, despite ACOG guidelines. Your insurance will not have a problem with it.

There's a lot more than that.

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Thanks! Ladies! And for the dr recommendations. With my first I was terrified of labor mainly because I am 4'10 and the drs at my practice already told me because of my frame a vaginal birth would be dangerous on my pelvic region which is scary to think! And then the dr my old obgyn said he recommends c-section. In the end I needed an emergency c section because her heart rate dropped sling with me getting suck with an infection. That's why I decided next time a schedule  c section will be ok. I will def talk to united health do any of you ladies have united health? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"