South Florida Babies
Options

My 2 days in the hospital

I didn't want  to post on FB about being in the hospital but wanted  to ask for some thoughts and prayers from all of you.

When I went to the Dr on wednesday, my Dr saw that the baby had flipped to a head down position, she had been transverse (sideways). My Dr had told me that her being sideways was probably helping me stay pregnant. I had been having contractions that were more painful than normal for me for a few days but when my OB checked me my cervix was closed. I got home that afternoon and was having very painful contractions that didn't go away with the procardia I take to stop contractions. I went in to L&D thinking it was a waste of time. Well, they did and FFN that came back positive (when it's negative you're 99% not likely to go into labor in 2 weeks, when it's positive it's a 50/50 shot either way), they had been negative up until that point and when they checked my cervix I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Obviously I wasn't going home. THey were going to give me steroid shots to help the lungs develop and wanted to put me on magnesium sulfate to buy me the 48 hours necessary to get the 2 shots. I had read about the mag and decided against it because I didn't feel I was in labor and didn't want to risk the side effects which are pretty severe. I conceded that if I continue to dilate then I would go ahead and take it but I would prefer to not jump right to it because it seemed a little aggressive. They checked me again that night and I was still at 1cm so I wasn't progressing and wasn't in labor and they decided they would not check me again because they didn't want that to cause me to dilate any more.

I was admitted, given the first steroid shot, and penicillin. I hadn't had the GBS swab yet so they gave me the penicillin just in case, I had that every 4 hours and I was on IV fluids to keep me hydrated. My contractions returned to normal for me - irregular and not painful. I was on the monitors 24 hours a day and the baby looked good. They did a BPP (biophysical profile) and she looked good there too. I got my second steroid shot last night and was told the BPP would be repeated in the morning and I would be discharged if that looked good. So, they did the BPP again this morning and let me go home. And I'm on even more strict bed rest than I was before. The goal is to make it to 35 weeks at least. I'll be 33 this SUnday.

I was definitely scared on Wednesday but I'm calmer now and I'm really happy that I got the steroids. 

image image

Re: My 2 days in the hospital

• Options
    Leanna, so sorry you are going through all this. It looks like you've done everything that needs to be done in your situation just in case you do go into preterm labor. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anything please let me know!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

I wish I could give you a big hug!

That must have been so scary. I'm so glad that they were able to get it under control and that you used your instinct to keep the doctors from getting too aggressive. Hopefully Brooke can stay all snuggly in there for at least a few more weeks!

Only two more till 35, right? Not too bad. Hopefully there won't be any more scares from here to then. Did they give you an estimate of what she's measuring?

Ay honey. I'm praying for you. If you need any help at all, let me know, okay? Keep trying to stay calm and hang in there. I know this must be SO hard.  ::giant hugs:: 

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How scary!  I'm glad to hear that everything is okay.  Here's hoping the next two weeks go quickly as you reach the 35 week mark.  Let me know if there is anything you need.  I'm off all this week. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh that is scary!  Praying that Brooke can stay in just 2 more weeks!  Glad they have taken the necessary measures though JIC she decides to come early.  Thinking of you guys.  ::Hugs::
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

What a scare.  I will keep you and Brooke in my prayers.  Hoping that she stays put long enough to reach that 35 week mark.

• Options
    Oh wow! That must have really been scary for you! Glad she decided to stay put and I'm sure she will for at least the next 2 weeks! Let me know if you need anything! I need to drop by your house to drop off that stuff for you!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Praying for baby to hang in there for a few more weeks! Take care of yourself!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    oh leanna, i'm so sorry you're going through all of this!!  lots of prayers your way.  You've stuck it out on bedrest for this long... two more weeks will be cake :)  
  • Options
    That sounds like a scary situation, but I know you are a strong woman.  I know you and Brooke will make it at least 2 more weeks!  I will be praying for a happy and healthy delivery for you and baby!
  • Options
    Oh my God, Lee! I'm so sorry! So scary :(. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went through a similar situation with Jaelyn and had her at exactly 35 weeks! Best of luck to you :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope your baby is still baking!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"