Cincinnati Babies

semi-freaking out

What did I get myself into.... two kids under 2..... someone talk me down....

Here are the things rushing through my head...

- Bigger car = bigger car payment = tighter budget = stressed out mama

- Waking up in the morning- DH takes DD to daycare and he is always late to work.... add another kiddo, more lateness and I hate it when he is late...

- These babies take forever to cook... good thing and bad thing for an axious person.... GIVE ME SOME VALIUM 

- JUST EVERYTHING.....

Ok vent over...

Re: semi-freaking out

• I am feeling the same way. I am expecting baby #2 in January and although I won't have 2 under 2, I just don't know how I am going to do it all. I drop off DS at DC before work, and I have been running late too often to count. This past weekend, DH and I took a hard look at our finances, and it's going to be quite different once we are paying for 2 kids in daycare. Luckily, we will all fit in my car, but DH's car isn't doing too well right now. I just want it to last at least 2 more years while we pay off my car!

I know we can do it, but it's hard to think about everything all at once.

• i don't know how you mamma's do it. . .we have a 7yo girl and a 3yo boy - about to try for #3. and i'm about to have a break down (and not even preg) - we'd have to do some work to the house to close off a room for him/her (dh had to share a room with his older brother and refuses to make our kids share), we'd need a bigger car (we have a small suv) to fit everyone comfortably, we didn't originally plan on 3 (my husband thinks he is old) - so after #2, we got rid of the crib and some other useful baby items.
  • Loading the player...
  • The jump from 1 to 2 is DEFINITELY harder than the jump from none to 1. We've made it through 6 months so far with 2 (DS was 2 1/2 when DD was born) and let me tell you....there have been a lot of rough times but it is worth it. You'll figure out all the kinks as you go along and your schedules and budget will adjust and you'll make it work. But the times when they are playing together and laughing at each other will totally make it worth it.  DS loves having his little sister and is always talking to her and playing with her. In the past couple of months she's really been paying attention to him and even laughing at him when he's been crazy.

Not to stress you out more...but you will be stressed pretty much all the time. But hey, that's what moms do anyways. Just be happy with the thought that you are giving your DD a best friend for life and seeing them grow up together and be close will give you a ton more happiness than it will stress.

My motto is "do whatever you can do one day (or hour) at a time and leave the rest for another day"

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far apart are they going to be?  Mine are 12 months and 3 weeks. Cerys is now 17 months and Calvin is 4 months.  I think the hardest part is actually getting out of the house with them.  Organization and planning will be key when they both head to daycare.  I have to make sure when I leave the house I have size 2 and size 3 diapers.  I have to make sure I have an outfit for him for blowouts as well as toys for them both and a blanket for nursing him and a sippy for her... it adds up quickly. 

I am just getting used to it to be honest.  But I am SAHM and that brings on different issues all together! 

You do just adjust.  I certainly have to say that I would have preferred her to be 2 when he was born it would have made a difference.  Even a few more months would have been a bit easier as she understand me better now and communicate better now.  She can also play better now by herself.  Nursing was super hard at first because she would climb all over me while I was nursing him.  She didn't get it.

Don't worry!  We do it!  I don't know how but every momma does!

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • I have experience with 2 under 2, soon to be 3 under 3 1/2. Its an adjustment, but you will find yourself in a new "normal" routine. Everyone says this, but it does get easier. I believe the hardest part is out of the way, you already have one child so you won't be experiencing the unfamiliarity of what new mothers face.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageKittahMama:

How far apart are they going to be? 

DD will be 22 months....

I am sure it will be fine, but I stressed about having everything perfect for when DD came and I am there with baby 2.0. Once she was here, I was stress free and laid back, like I normally am, but it took the whole pregnancy to get there...

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am sure we will be fine...just semi-freaking out

• I think no matter what the age gap there are transitions to consider.  I am going to have DD in December and my DS is 5 and a half.  I am a bit worried about getting him to and from school every day on time with having a baby and working full time. The pregnancy has been great and only recently started getting harder (much more tired).  I am trying to enjoy it, as I am not sure if I will have any more.  Anyway, just wanted to say I can semi-understand your stress (although it is a different age gap here) and am here to support you!  I love this board for that!
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is tough and stressful just like bringing DD1 home but you will figure it out. Ours are 20 months apart and already play together and entertain each other really well. The previous posters all gave great advice. I just wanted to add you may want to look into finding carseats they fit in your current car if you're not ready to get a bigger vehicle yet. Also, my DH takes our boys to dc everyday too and it is tough but he can do it. Good luck and try to enjoy your pregnancy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"