Boston Babies

out of town until 10 weeks?

I am out of town in California until mid-December on business and just found out I am pregnant again.  Should I wait until I am back in town to call around and book my first appointment?  Or get something on the books now?  I am not planning to use the same OB as last time because we moved.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: out of town until 10 weeks?

• I would call around now and book something for right when you get back.  Where are you looking for a new OB?
  • I think you're right.  Better to have it now than risk having to wait even longer through the holidays.

I'm thinking Newton Wellesley this time but open to suggestions in the MetroWest or Boston areas. 

• Loading the player...
  • I see the midwives at Women Health Associates in newton. I love them! I also really like Dr. Koniarais (sp) she is also with that practice if you prefer a MD.
  • I love the idea of midwives!  Thanks so much I think I'll call them.
  • I use the midwives at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in Chelmsford.  They do have them at their other offices, and they work closely with OB docs just in case.  You can choose if you want the OB or the midwife at your delivery, which I love.  They are also all super nice, and most offices have the u/s right in the same building so it's super easy. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Funny - I'm in exactly the same boat (traveling to CA and not coming back until 10 weeks).  The office that I'm going to told me not to worry about it when I explained the situation and offered the next available appt when I get back.  Nothing to stress over from what I understand. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • Funny - I'm in exactly the same boat (traveling to CA and not coming back until 10 weeks).  The office that I'm going to told me not to worry about it when I explained the situation and offered the next available appt when I get back.  Nothing to stress over from what I understand. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • imageZimTaco:

Funny - I'm in exactly the same boat (traveling to CA and not coming back until 10 weeks).  The office that I'm going to told me not to worry about it when I explained the situation and offered the next available appt when I get back.  Nothing to stress over from what I understand. 

Wow, what a coincidence!  I ended up having to be seen here and won't be needing to be seen back home after all, but thanks for responding. 

Best of luck to you!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"