VBAC

My uneventful short success story

First, I just want to thank everyone who shared their stories on this board as they really encouraged me during my pregnancy with DD.

I woke up around 6 am on the 27th (40 weeks 1 day) to use the restroom and there it was.....the bloody show. I had a feeling I would be having a baby that day so I went ahead and finished packing and got a bag ready for DS. Within the hour I was already having pretty steady contractions. I had planned on laboring at home for as long as possible, but I started getting a little nervous when the bleeding would not stop. I went ahead and called my OB, who wanted me to head to L&D.

We checked in the hospital at 11 am and I was 3cm and 100%. I was a little bummed b/c I thought if it was anything like my first labor I wouldn't be complete until the following day. My OB arrived around 1 and I went ahead and got an epi and she broke my water. By 3:00 I was already feeling the need to push. The nurse checked me and sure enough I was complete. I started pushing about 15 minutes later when my OB made it back to the room. DD was born 20 minutes later at 3:35. I could not believe how well it went, and how different it was from DS.

With DS I labored for about 18 hours and pushed for 2 1/2 hours before my OB decided it was time for a c/s. Because I "couldn't push him out" I was actually told I had a less than 50% chance of having a successful VBAC from my old OB. I am so thankful I found someone who was so supportive of my decision. I really does make a difference.

I'm so glad I got to come back and share a success story. So thanks to anyone who read this. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My uneventful short success story

• Congrats!  So glad it was relatively quick and easy for you. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Wow, congratulations!  That sounds fantastic!  
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If I could order a birth story......this is what I would order.   Fantastic!  Congrats!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats and thanks for sharing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! I really appreciated having a straightforward, "boring" birth my second son, too. Enjoy your new baby!!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• That's awesome, congratulations!
  • Wow!  Congrats!  That's the VBAC I'm signing up for!  Big Smile
  • Congratulations!!
    On September 8th 2007, I married my best friend. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awesome! Congratulations to you!

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• This is very inspirational to me! I had to have a c/s with DS after I pushed for 3 hours because I also "couldn't push her out"! I am now expecting my second child and I am going into this with much hope for a VBAC. My OB has already told me at my pre-pregnancy appointment that it is totally my choice. I will NOT schedule a RCS unless there is a medical reason. Thank you for sharing this amazing story!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"