Ohio Babies
Options

Eating Lots of Little Meals???

Hello. I just had my 19 week visit and was told that i should be eating lots of little meals throughout the day instead of 3 meals and a few snacks. My doc says it will help with the sickies. Can anyone tell me if they do that? If you do can you give me your schedule? I am not sure how to go from 3 regular meals a day to 6 little meals.

Re: Eating Lots of Little Meals???

• Options
    While I don't follow this exactly - I graze all day at work and at night usually have a bowl of cereal once LO is down for the night - this is the recommendation for everyone, not just preggos.  I definitely did follow it the last few months ofmy pregnancy, thanks to GD, and actually had a snack/meal schedule that I followed almost to a T...for the first month at least.  If I were you, I'd just google samples.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would eat smaller meals even pre-pregnancy because the body digests better a little at a time. Plus, you don't get that full feeling.

I work an office job so it's pretty easy to snack during the day. Here is my rough list:

7:00a instant breakfast or a bowl of cheerios

8:00a banana or other piece of fruit

10:00a raisins or a couple snack size candybars

noon - either a salad, sandwich, or leftovers from dinner the night before

2:00 - can of fruit cocktail or jello

3:30 - hot chocolate or tea and an apple

6:00 - small portion of pasta or chicken breast and some type of bread

9:00 - ice cream or Popsicle

Granted, I have a huge sweet tooth and am still working to have a more balanced diet, but I just divide my meals up throughout the day. HTH 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you so much!! This helped me a ton! I don't have a sweet tooth but a terrible soft spot for pasta and bread. So just as  bad if not worse.

Thanks again!

• Options
    imagestarswinger:

I would eat smaller meals even pre-pregnancy because the body digests better a little at a time. Plus, you don't get that full feeling.

I work an office job so it's pretty easy to snack during the day. Here is my rough list:

7:00a instant breakfast or a bowl of cheerios

8:00a banana or other piece of fruit

10:00a raisins or a couple snack size candybars

noon - either a salad, sandwich, or leftovers from dinner the night before

2:00 - can of fruit cocktail or jello

3:30 - hot chocolate or tea and an apple

6:00 - small portion of pasta or chicken breast and some type of bread

9:00 - ice cream or Popsicle

Granted, I have a huge sweet tooth and am still working to have a more balanced diet, but I just divide my meals up throughout the day. HTH 

I ended up with gestational diabetes.  Your list is pretty much a list of 'what not to eat' for me.  Talk about carb heavy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"