North Carolina Babies

Pediatrician ?'s

With this being our first I am trying to figure all of this out :)

When deciding on a pediatrician, when do you contact them? Do you meet with them beforehand because I know they come to the hospital once the baby is born. How does it all work? Thanks Ladies.

Re: Pediatrician ?'s

• Most offices have open house nights where you can tour the office, meet some of the dr.  You usually don't get to pick which pedi will be at the hospital unless you go with a one-dr. office -- there will be a certain pedi from that office doing hospital rounds; it will differ which dr. depending on the day. 

I would tour some offices if you haven't already picked one.  After you've chosen an office, you just need to let them know you'll be listing them as your child's peditrician office.  I chose the pedi I wanted to go with for the girls after delivery when I made their first appt (although I've switched pedis since).

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As someone that works in the medical community, the one piece of advice I give all new parents is that you should check with the NC medical board before making a final decision. Don't just check the one pediatrician you want to see, but others in the practice you may have to see (during last minute sick visits, etc). Sadly there are numerous pediatricians (and other doctors) with bad/inappropriate records.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"