April 2011 Moms
Options

walkers...

does anyone use a walker with their little one? if so how are they doing in it? and how long do u let them play in it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: walkers...

• Options

They're totally not recommended...

but we'll probably pull ours up from the basement for dd.  We have a one level that the stairs are out in the garage, and we can block her off in a room if we feel that we need to.  I wouldn't do it more than 30 min a day. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we have a walker. DS loves it! He is in it for probably 15 minutes max at one time. Our house is set up strange. We have a back living room that is a step down from the kitchen. He can run into the step, but not get over it. We watch him in it at all times, so I don't feel like it's a big no no
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We don't have one, since we don't have a safe place to use it, but our pediatrician doesn't have a problem with them as long as you have it downstairs.  I kind of wish we had one.  It would be cute to see him running around in it.  One of my best friends is a twin and when she and her sister were babies, they would race each other in circles through the kitchen, dining room, living room and back to the kitchen, in their walkers!

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options

We don't have one but I kind of wish we did. However, our pedi said NOT to get one.  He mentioned the safety aspect but also that it can stunt some things developementally. I cannot for the life of me remember what becuase I wasn't listening since we had planned on not getting one. Maybe someone else will know why it was not recommended besides safety...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I know EI doesn't recommend them.  I guess the way they are supported in them is bad for their hip development (same with exersaucer and jumperoo...)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers, Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we have a one level house and the way its all set up the only rooms i have to block off is the kitchen and half of the hall way. she cant get into any doorways because here in italy the doors are much smaller than normal and her walker is way to big to fit. she goes in the walker for about 30 mins at a time but she loves it and runs around and plays.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I recently got my son a walker a few days ago so he's still getting used to it. So far he only walks backwards in it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"