Minnesota Babies

Pediatrician Recommendations for East Suburbs?

Hi All -- I'm new to this board :)

At our first OB appointment a few weeks ago, they told us we should start looking into pediatricians now rather than later.   I have NO idea where to start!   Does anyone have any recommendations or a website that might have ratings (I don't know, do they even do that??).  None of my friends have kids yet and most of our family with kids live in the north metro.

I want to try and find someone that's in Stillwater, Oakdale, Lake Elmo or Woodbury preferably.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pediatrician Recommendations for East Suburbs?

• There is a Central Pediatrics in Woodbury that I have heard good things about.  No personal experience with and pediatricians yet though...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We go to Dr Madone at the Woodwinds Healtheast clinic. He is really great and we connect well with him.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use Central Ped's in Woodbury. Love the hours - All day walk-in/urgent care. Urgent care is open till 9pm and on weekends. I checked with Health East they do not have walk-ins before 18mo and no urgent care. We see Dr. Huberty. We have never seen a Dr. we don't like in walk-in/urgent care. Most of the time if her Dr. is in they will get us in with her. Good luck!
  • I don't have personal experience as my little one is still on their way. I asked an ENT surgeon I work with, with whom I respect and trust his opinion, who he takes his kids to and who he would recommend. He recommended Pediatrics and Young Adult Medicine. www.pyam.com They're located in Lake Elmo, Maplewood, St Paul, Eagan and Hudson.

He listed off some names for me too, Plotnik is who his kids go to, and he also recommended Newman, Delahunty, Saxton and Siefferman.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageakstanl:

I don't have personal experience as my little one is still on their way. I asked an ENT surgeon I work with, with whom I respect and trust his opinion, who he takes his kids to and who he would recommend. He recommended Pediatrics and Young Adult Medicine. www.pyam.com They're located in Lake Elmo, Maplewood, St Paul, Eagan and Hudson.

He listed off some names for me too, Plotnik is who his kids go to, and he also recommended Newman, Delahunty, Saxton and Siefferman.

Thank you!  That's right around the corner from us....and after reading it I realized that's where my mom took me when I was in grade school.  I will definitely check this out -- thanks so much! 

• These are great!  Thank you so much -- I feel like I have a great place to start to make my decision. :)
  • Dr. Snellman at WBL Health Partners is AMAZING!  I cannot say enough good things about him!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's really hit or miss because even if you have a Ped picked out it doesn't mean when your LO needs to go into Urgent Care that your specific Ped will be on duty and sometimes the ones that are - are the ones you really don't mesh with...  Which has happened with DD the extremely rare times she's had to go to UC in her lifetime...  There's one Ped in the practice that just creeps me out and of course is the one seeing the UC patients the times we took her in...

That said, we take DD to WBY HP and see Dr. Fraser as her main Ped...  He's been great since she was little (yes, after I got creeped out by the above mentioned)...  If there's a problem, he lets us know, otherwise, very non-alarmist and also very much about not projecting his opinion onto us when it comes to things like the Flu shot for example...  OTOH, when there is a problem that we might not even know about (i.e. an ear infection with no symptoms), he's very much proactive about treating things)..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We go to Central Pediatrics in Woodbury and we really like it.  I like that they have after hours care and it they don't have long waits for appointments.  If you have  sick child you can just walk in without an appointment, even during the day.  We see Dr. Crosby-Schmidt.  She is great!  I have never felt rushed and she always takes time to talk about our concerns unlike other doctors we have seen.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"