Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Hands red and chapped from sucking/chewing on them.

Could DS be teething already?  He'll be 4 months next week.  How do I know if he's teething?  He's constantly chewing and sucking on his hands and it's making them swollen, red and chapped.  I try to take his hands out of his mouth (normally I don't care that he's sucking on his thumb or hands, but he's doing it so much more that they are swollen, red and chapped and look painful) and I try to give him a teething toy to chew on.  I even bought a few new ones today in hopes that he'll really like one of them and chew on it instead of his hands.

Does anyone have any advice/guidance?  TIA! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hands red and chapped from sucking/chewing on them.

• Options
    It sounds like teething, though it's possible that you won't see a tooth for a while. DS likes to chew on his socks as well as hard toys. Also, for the chapped hands, use the Lansinoh nipple cream.

• Options
    DS is doing the same thing and is definitely teething. I can see the little sucker about to poke through on the bottom. The nurse said to put those baby mittens or socks on his hands. He hated not having a hand to suck on so we alternate which hand he gets to have free each day. That way he still gets to enjoy his hand sucking and soothing but his hand gets a break for a day and doesnt get red or sore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"