Pre-School and Daycare
Options

What are you getting preschool teachers for the holidays?

I was thinking about this and then laughed because Owen's school is part of the Jewish Community Center, but I don't think the teachers are Jewish. Oh well, "holiday" gift it will be. 

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10

Re: What are you getting preschool teachers for the holidays?

• Options
    Hm.  I hadn't thought about it!  Last year I got them some vegan goodies.  I brought them an edible treat each day for a week. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A Barnes & Noble gift card and some cookies. 
    Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom makes bracelets that are pretty neat; she sells them at various galleries/boutiques. 

She offered to make some that I can pass out to DD1's teachers. I'll probably get some little fabric bags to put them in.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options

A decorative tin of shortbread cookies.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Probably a tin of homemade cookies for each (DD's class has 2 teachers and 1 helper).
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Target GCs with some homemade treat.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

imagePesky:
    Target GCs with some homemade treat.

This is what we did last year too. $25 for teachers, $10 for assistant teachers.

The year before that, DD1's teachers got Starbucks giftcards in a mug.

I'm not sure what to do this year because DD1 has 2 teachers, 1 student teacher, and 2 aides. DD2 has 2 teachers and 3 assistant teachers. That's a lot of gifts to buy!

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    I haven't thought about it too much, but maybe just a goodie basket that I throw together with a gift card? Crap. I need to think of something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Target GC...everyone can use that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    as a teacher, the best gifts are gift cards.  That's what I will be getting DD and DS's teachers
  • Options
    thanks for this post!  i am newbie here and to kids in school.  i had no idea what ppl were giving the teachers.  my son was in a class that was split up recently after 2 more students joined... so was wondering what to get the 2 teachers (since at Christmas they will basically have had him the same amount of time) and the 2 assistants.  probably go with target gift cards like the PP said... everyone can use those! 
  • Options
    I do gift cards and a note/thank you card normally.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    One of my Son's preschool teachers is my Cousin and she said their favorite gifts are Starbucks cards so that's what I'm doing for them. There are 4 teachers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagekellnbri:
    as a teacher, the best gifts are gift cards.  That's what I will be getting DD and DS's teachers
    This!! Please stay away from anything homemade, edible or crafty, they are usually tossed by teachers. Stick to GC and a nice note of appreciation!
  • Options
    I always bring a gift basket of goodies and coffee for the breakroom for everyone. For Aiden's specific teacher's during "preschool" not daycare time I get them Starbucks gift cards.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our Room Mom sent an email out and is collecting money and going to get a VISA giftcard for the teacher and assistant which is awesome cuz one of DS's teachers is my MIL and it makes it easier cuz then i dont have to think about what to get as a teacher gift, her xmas gift as my MIL and her bday gift the day after Xmas. I'm also doing a cute lil thing I found on pinterest for them as well.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did a bottle of thick lotion good for dry hands, both of dd's teachers made comments about how much they have to wash their hands and how dry they get. I also did a little starbucks gift card for each teacher. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"