Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Anyone's 7 month old still not sitting up unsupported?

I'm wondering when my DS will sit up unsupported - he's not doing it yet.  But shouldn't he be by 7 months?  He was at the dr. on Thursday and she says he should be soon - but i'm concerned.

Re: Anyone's 7 month old still not sitting up unsupported?

• Options
    I don't trust my little guy on his own yet.? He can sit unsupported, but he will sometimes tip himself.? So I can't just set him down sitting up and not be nearby in case he decides to tip.
  • Options
    Mine didn't sit up unassisted until they were a little over 7 months.  They're fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Adam sits up unassisted, but still tips over here and there..we keep a body pillow around him just in case.  I think you're fine.  You'll be surprised how something like that happens so suddenly even when it doesn't seem their close.
    Moved to Maple Valley, Washington January 2012
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was just around 7 months when he started sitting up and it was probably closer to 8 months before he was totally steady. I wouldn't worry. Now DS is crawling and pulling up and getting into everything. Some babies are just a tad later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dd didn't sit unsupported until after she learned to crawl... she's a bit backwards, but at around 8 months she started to "rock" then crawl and then a few days later she was sitting... wonder of all wonders... very odd, but they pick how they want to do things. I wouldn't worry about it. if he's meeting all of the other milestones appropriately and there are no other "markers" then no worries!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Charlotte was 7 mo, Alice was 8 mo when they sat unsupported. It went really quickly... one day they were sitting for a few seconds, a week later they were sitting for 15-20 mins!
  • Options
    My Godson didn't sit unsupported until 9 months. His pedi said it was fine and kids just develop at their own rate and when they want to ;) As long as he's making progress, at this point it's perfectly normal and ok.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options

Zack still isn't sitting unsupported.  It was the same with my DD.  She didn't sit up by herself until around 9 months.  Both kids were just more interested in being on their belly.  DD mastered crawling first and did sitting later.  It's the same with DS.  he's crawling great, pulling up to standing and starting to cruise a bit, but still can't sit unsupported. 

Don't worry.  All kids do it on their own schedule.  He'll do it soon.

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options
    my little guy's almost 6 months and i don't think he'll ever sit up alone, lol! he just has no interest in it... i'm sure i'll be feeling the same about a month from now too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"