Baby Names
Options

Karsyn for a girl?

DH requested that I put up a post with our favorite name for our LO now that we know we're having a girl since we aren't planning on sharing with family until she's born. 

Both DH and I really like Karsyn for a girl's name.  It was one of our top choices for a boy and then I stumbled across this alternate spelling when I was looking for nursery decor on Etsy.  We don't have a middle name yet.  Any thoughts on the name or suggestions for a middle name?  TIA!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Karsyn for a girl?

• Options
    It's awful, sorry.  It looks made up and misspelled.  What about Jocelyn? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Its not a girls name just because its spelled with a K and a Y.  I am normally the person that says name your kid what you want.  But Carson is a boys name 100%!
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I don't like it.
  • Options

imagecmhicklin:
    Its not a girls name just because its spelled with a K and a Y.  I am normally the person that says name your kid what you want.  But Carson is a boys name 100%!

Agreed. 

• Options
    NMS but it's better than a lot of other names out there.
    -----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options
    No, the name is Carson, and it's for a boy. Pick something else.

• Options
    I don't know about you, but I'm glad my parents didn't give me a boy's name, especially one that is spelled incorrectly.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, the spelling is horrible.   Carson is definitely a boy's name (well, there was that character in "Shag"), but if you are going to use it for a girl, just spell it Carson.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options

1. I don't like Carson on a boy or a girl.

2. If you're going to give your daughter a boy's name, OWN IT. Spelling it Karsyn doesn't make it feminine. It makes it stupid.

3. With a masculine name like Carson, your best bet is to use a very feminine middle name.

4. What about Cameron? Cameron is much nicer on a girl. Or Carmen.

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I wouldn't be able to take an adult Karsyn seriously.
  • Options
    Carson is a boy's name.  Karsyn is a bad attempt at feminizing the boy version.
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options

imagepurplepolish:
    I don't know about you, but I'm glad my parents didn't give me a boy's name, especially one that is spelled incorrectly.  

Absolutely this.  Sorry OP, it's really terrible.

• Options
    I knew a little girl named Carson growing up. I've always thought it sounded like a girls name to me because of that. Don't ruined it with stupid spelling. like a pp said, Own it!
  • Options
    And from your username, just wondering--is your last name Harrison?  So Karsyn Harrison?  That does not work.
  • Options

I don't like the name you've picked.

I do like Carmen. 

• Options
    It's deinfatly NMS.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I really dislike Karsyn for a girl. If you must use it please spell it Carson, the K and Y don't make it feminine.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the suggestion of Carmen. Why not saving Carson for a potential future son?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Don't. Just don't.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagealliejo725:

Spelling it Karsyn doesn't make it feminine. It makes it stupid.

I feel like I'm going from thread to thread quoting alliejo. But this made me smile.

Karsyn is AWFUL, for all the reasons that pp have mentioned. I'd suggest heading back to the drawing board.

• Options
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge no.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

imageDominique1219:
    And from your username, just wondering--is your last name Harrison?  So Karsyn Harrison?  That does not work.

No, Harrison was my maiden name and s/n carried over from the bump. 

• Options

My honest reaction to Karsyn for a girl is GOD NO!

Sorry, I think it is very masculine no matter how you spell it.

• Options
    Yikes.  Sorry OP, not a fan at all.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am going to be the only one who says this BUT I dont think its that bad, I kind of like it. I would spell it Carson though the made up spelling looks uneducated on your part.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    imagealliejo725:

2. If you're going to give your daughter a boy's name, OWN IT. Spelling it Karsyn doesn't make it feminine. It makes it stupid.

3. With a masculine name like Carson, your best bet is to use a very feminine middle name.

Agree with all of this 100%.

The spelling Karsyn is ridiculous.  Plus a lot of people would pronounce Karsyn differently than Carson, just so you know.  It's Car-sin versus Car-sun.

• Options
    And I like it. Either spelling.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options
    Why not save Carson for a boy, if you have one later, and give your DD a legit girl name?  There are so many beautiful girls' names out there.  I don't like deliberate misspellings of names and I really don't like the cutesy k/y letter switches in Karsyn.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options

I don't want to be mean, but I'm going to be honest because your LO will have her name forever.

Naming a girl Carson would be bad.  Naming her Karsyn would be completely awful.  It combines three terrible baby naming trends into one name.  

1) Using male names for females

2) Replacing Cs with Ks

3) Adding Ys where they don't belong

If you're going to name her Carson, spell it properly and only follow one bad trend instead of three.  Can you imagine a supreme court justice named Karsyn?  Because I can't.

• Options
    I actually know a little girl with this name and exact spelling....doesn't bother me at all.
  • Options

imageold_time_girl:
    I knew a little girl named Carson growing up. I've always thought it sounded like a girls name to me because of that. Don't ruined it with stupid spelling. like a pp said, Own it!

I love the name Carson and personally, I like it more for a girl than a boy, but I would spell it Carson

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
     I like it. Most boys names were girls names at some point. I know a few female Kyle's, Cameron's, Elliot's, Dylan's. All girls. Spell it however you want. Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagecmhicklin:

Yes

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options
    imagealliejo725:

All of this! I especially like the suggestion of Cameron or Carmen! Please no unnecessary "y"s!!

My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options

imagekms34:
    Carson is a boy's name.  Karsyn is a bad attempt at feminizing the boy version.

This

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Please just....don't.
  • Options
    Nooooooooo. As others have said, the use of the trendy K and Y do not make it feminine. Just spell it Carson and own the fact that you're giving your daughter a boy's name.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"