Florida Babies
Options

Trying to decide which hospital to have baby at in St. Pete

I was given the choise St. Pete General or Bayfront and I really don't know which one to choose. Any advise?

Re: Trying to decide which hospital to have baby at in St. Pete

• Options

Hey,

I'm new to this site and was looking for other moms in the area. I also have the choice of which hospital. Bayfront is good because they have a great baby unit if anything goes wrong. I'm planning on having my baby at st. pete general. They took very good care of me when I had my first miscarriage and I really like the atmosphere. It is right up the street from my house, plus people have told me they give you allot of stuff once you have the baby. Is this your first? Let's keep in touch. My email is hintonn@pcsb.org.

Hope all is going well, :)

~Nikki~

• Options
    I had both of my children at Bayfront and since I'm prego again I will also be having this one at Bayfront. I love everything about the experience there and the staff is always very helpful and makes you feel right at home. I always recommend Bayfront to my friends. But the best thing for you to do is to set up a tour for each of the hospitals so you can see for yourself and choose the one that makes you feel most comfortable. Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

These are the 2 hospitals I was given to choose between as well.  At first I was leaning towards Bayfront only because they do more deliveries there and it is a new facility.  However, after talking with my midwives they all prefer SPG.  I got very sick with pneumonia when I was 20 weeks pregnant and went to SPG where I spent 5 days in the L&D ward.  They took amazing care of me and I was very happy with the facility and the experience I had.  

From talking with my midwives, it was my understanding that SPG is less invasive.  (i.e.  the nurses are more drug-free, let it happen, go with the flow rather than wanting to get you in and out).  This was important to me.  As far as the rooms go, it's like comparing the Ritz to the Holiday Inn.  In the grand scheme of things, a flat screen TV isn't going to matter to me when I'm giving birth.  I just want to be comfortable and make sure my baby and I are given great care and my wishes are respected.

I would talk to your OB/midwife and see what their experience is.  Also, tour both and if you are taking any classes maybe take baby classes at both, which is what I'm doing.  I don't think you can go wrong either way.  Good luck!

Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

I highly recommend SPG!!! I had the choice between Bayfront and SPG and chose SPG because my midwife recommended it to me and it was next to my OBGYN office. When I gave birth to my son, he had jaundice and got a head injury during birth (he is fine now). The hospital allowed me to stay at the hospital with him after I was discharged, free of charge!!! I was there a whole week and they fed me just as if I was still a patient. The staff was great...

I had to go to Bay Front emergency room while I was pregnant because somehow I had injured my foot. I was waiting in the waiting room for two hours!!! My husband and I left and went to SPG and I was immediately seen and cared for. I will always recommend them!

• Options
    I highly suggest Bayfront When I had Little Isabella They did not discrimnate me becuase I was 19 and were very kind it was a comfortable birth up until I found out but they were very kind and giving so i deff suggest  my nurse name was Ashley she was soo sweet so i really like Bayfront I am 19 weeks with twins now so i am for sure going to have Alicia&Allie at Bayfront Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"