Postpartum Depression
Options

does anyone have post-partum anxiety?

I was looking at the list of symptoms on the postpartum progress web site last night when I couldn't sleep because I was so worried that something was going to happen to my kids and I just started crying. I am pretty sure this is me. But we just moved to a new city after the birth of my 3rd baby and I do not have any sort of a doctor or midwife here and I am not sure who to call or even where to start. I just feel so overwhelmed and it is really bad right now because my DH is out of town for a few days to go to his grandma's funeral so I am on my own with the kids. I don't want to leave the house even though I know that might help.

Sorry this is rambling. 

If anyone has any stories to share, or resources, I appreciate it.

This is my first time posting here.

Re: does anyone have post-partum anxiety?

• Options

Hi Hon,

I am not currently suffering PP anxiety, but definitely did with my son.  I just wanted to let you know you are not alone and it DOES get better.  Did you recently move to Lakewood or is that where you moved from?  The reason I ask is that I see it's near Denver and one of my best friends and roommates from college is a pediatrician in Denver.  Another good friend and roommate (also in Denver) owns a baby footwear company there so I am sure they know of some amazing resources in your area.  Let me know if you would like me to find out more information for you.  Or if you just want to vent, I'm all ears.  

I know you don't want to leave the house, but maybe if you could take the kids to a park and let them play and blow off some steam (and get some fresh air for yourself) you can sit down and make a list of what you need to do (i.e. call the doctors/midwives/therapists, etc.) that my friends (or others) recommend.  Also, you never know -- you might meet an awesome mom friend going through something similar.  This type of thing is so much more common that many women seem to want to admit.  

Hang in there and let me know if you need my help.  You will be fine.  Remember to take deep breaths.

BIG HUGS!!!!

Laura 

• Options

Thank you for responding Laura. It means a lot!

I just moved away from Lakewood/Denver and I'm too lazy to update my profile. I am now in New Mexico.

I think the move is part of the problem and that's what really set things off... I don't have any kind of support system in my new city at all.

I did some Googling last night and found a therapist here who specializes in PP issues so I am going to give her a call on Monday. I feel a little better to at least have a plan.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I wonder if I have been struggling with it too, I'm making an appointment to see a doctor and get more info.  In the mean time, I learned that one of my favorite mommy bloggers has post-partum anxiety and she just wrote a really great post about it.  It felt good to read her post and see the LOADS of comments from others suffering from it too, under her post.  If you want, here's the link:

https://www.babyrabies.com/2011/11/acceptance-postpartum-anxiety-and-me/

Check out the rest of her blog too, it's fantastic!  Good luck and take care, at least we know there is help out there.

• Options
    Thanks for responding, April. I read that post - it was actually one of the things that spurred me to get more information. Good luck in your own journey!
  • Options
    I have general anxiety, not PP. But I was going to second you making a plan. I know that makes you feel better. You're going to have to get a new doctor in your new town, so you may as well start now. I know how crippling anxiety can be and how hard it can be to ask for help. I'm so sorry you're fighting this. But calling that therapist will help and maybe she can even recommend a doctor for you. Just know that there are ways to help. Lots of ways. Glad you're taking care of this now and I hope that helps you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had finally realized I have this. I was so calm while pregnant but PP I became so consumed with something "maybe" happening to my Daughter that I was starting to have severe anxiety & like flashes of images that could happen etc. Totally debilitating to the point where I had major panic attacks!

I talked to the OB @ my 6 wk check up & she told me it is completely normal!! & if it did not go away within the next few weeks to come back. I have gotten so much better now thankfully. I just finally realized that we can't prevent everything & to just try & enjoy the littleness because she is gonna grow up soooo fast I don't wanna look back & regret that I was too anxious to just enjoy HER! :))

take care

Success after Infertility! Clomid & IUI November 2010
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"