Multiples
Options

What to do when the HATE their car seats?

My girls scream a lot because of their reflux but their medicine seems to be making them better. One thing they do is SCREAM bloody murder when they are in their carseats. At first i thought it might be reflux related but I am starting to think it is a separate problem of it's own. I checked to see if anything was sticking out, if they were too warm etc. It doesn't seem to matter. There are brief moments when I put them in they are fine but then they lose it and scream practically the whole time they are in their seats. Anyone else deal with this? Is there anything I can do to stop it? It is really distractimg when I am driving and my poor DS keeps saying Babies are LOUD mommy :(

Re: What to do when the HATE their car seats?

• Options
    How old are they?  My girls did this up until about 3 - 4 months.  They especially hated sitting at stop lights.  Just try to get them in the car a lot and know that it will get better. :)
    Birthday
  • Options
    My girls HATE their car seats, although is has gotten a bit better but I try my hardest never to go anywhere with them alone since if someone is in the back with them they are so much better. I keep telling myself eventually it has to get better... Just know that you are not alone!! : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh sorry! I forget I don't have a ticker for them. They are four months today. Gosh I hope it gets better because it is driving me crazy! And doesn't help with people staring at me either :(
  • Options
    imageDarcie Elicia:
    How old are they?  My girls did this up until about 3 - 4 months.  They especially hated sitting at stop lights.  Just try to get them in the car a lot and know that it will get better. :)
     This for us too..and actually we took a 3hr trip at 5mo and after that they seemed to not mind their car seats anymore
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My girls were the same way. They outgrew it around 5 months. Some moms had said that many infants don't like bucket seats and did much better with convertible carseats. I never tries that though. Hope it resolves soon. It was horrible.....especially when I would shop with the DSNG and they screamed the whole time. It will get better.
  • Options
    my benjamin went through that. there was nothing to do except hope it stopped!  i would say it peaked around 3 months for us, and then by 5 months was much better.  i agree, it can make you want to tear your hair out!  but it will get better, i promise.
  • Options
    Do your kids enjoy being swaddled?  The swaddle me's were our ticket.  They have the slit in the back (around their butts) you can pull the crotch buckle through there.  Pull the sides of the swaddle me out off the shoulder straps.  Basically they get completely strapped in and swaddled too.  This REALLY helped us.  It was a darn miracle when I figured this out because our girls were the same way.  Also, it's easier to keep a binkie in their mouth (if they are into them) with their arms swaddled in and not smacking it out of their mouth.  Good luck.  This is my only tip as the day I figured this out was one of my top 3 multiples moment so far!  LOL
  • Options
    My DS2 hated his car seat for a while. I don't remember when he got over it, but one day he just didn't freak out anymore and he's been fine ever since. I think he just got more used to it as we started going out more.
  • Options
    One thing I tried is taking them both to the chiropractor. For some reason, DS2 always has a really stiff upper back and neck, and I don't think the carseat is comfortable for him. I've been told that twins especially can have some alignment problems because of how cramped they were in the womb, and a good chiropractor can really gently and easily adjust babies' spines. The carseat hating phase was short for mine, and reappeared briefly around 6 months for about a week.
  • Options
    One of my boys hate the car seat I just hate going out because he just cries and cries. I know is just a phase because he just started I just can't wait until he gets over it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"