Postpartum Depression

Advice needed

I'm worried I might have PPD.. but I don't now who to talk to. Do I talk to my regular dr, my OB, the pedi?

But I'm scared to call. I'm scared they are going to tell me what I'm feeling is "normal" and I'm afraid they will judge. But I don't feel normal... and I hate the person I've become!  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Advice needed

• call whichever doctor you feel the most comfortable with. They will not be judged. But you have to be willing to be completely honest with your doc. If you haven't, I recommend checking out https://postpartumprogress.com/ great tips and place to start, resources for your area.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • My husband called my OB and I was see that day. (He was the doctor I was the most comfortable with). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I went and saw my Reg doctor because I felt more comfortable with her. The minute she entered the room I just started crying and couldn't stop. When I took my baby to her 1 month appointment I had to make DH come with and I couldn't stop crying in that appointment either. They will not judge and tell you that you don't need help. what you are feeling is normal for PPD and they will know that. If not go see someone else.

HUGS

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I called my OB. Then I had a follow up with my PCP about a week later. Don't worry, PPD is common and they deal with this all of the time. I was embarassed and worried to call as well, but I am so glad I did. It was definitely better for my LO. I'm taking Celexa and doing well with it-- despite quite a few bumps in the road.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrs.Pnut:

I'm worried I might have PPD.. but I don't now who to talk to. Do I talk to my regular dr, my OB, the pedi?

But I'm scared to call. I'm scared they are going to tell me what I'm feeling is "normal" and I'm afraid they will judge. But I don't feel normal... and I hate the person I've become!  

I hate the person I've become!

I am right there with you hun. I'm in the same place as you...if you ever wanna talk my email is my username at yahoo .com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"