March 2011 Moms

First Stomach Bug...

Have your LOs had their first stomach bug?

I got the dreaded call from daycare yesterday that my LO was throwing up! I was so worried. I knew he must be scared.  Got to daycare and he'd already covered 2 workers. Turns out there were 3 kids total in his class that all started throwing up within 10 mins of each other. We knew a stomach bug was going around the end of last week, but we thought we had squeeked by without it when he didn't get it over the weekend.  He was super clingy and fussy last night, but he never threw up again. The other 2 kids apparently threw up for hours. I'm counting my blessings and hoping it's gone! He's home today with Daddy and has been a happy boy!

Re: First Stomach Bug...

• Man, that sounds rough. Glad to hear he is doing better. We have been fortunate on this end. No bugs yet, but we have been dealing with the never ending runny nose.
  • Oh no! Sorry to hear that- I hope he feels better soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck....my second (3/11) has not had his yet but when my first had it ti was aweful! Make sure to see the pedi to assure LO stays hydrated.
  • Yeah, she got sick at about 4.5 months.  We freaked out, called the nurses hotline, and took her to urgent care.  The doctor there told us we could expect her to have fifty (50!!!) colds, etc. by age 5.  I died a little inside when he told us that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD just threw up for the first time tonight. We were sitting and playing and I looked away, she started screaming, had vomit all over her.  She screamed for 40 minutes straight, it was awful, she has never been inconsolable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"