Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How to make odd oz's of formula?

So our Pedi told us to feed 4 to 5 oz's of formula. The formula only instructs how to make even #'d oz's. Can I make 5 oz bottles ?wouldit be1/2 oz formula to 1 oz water to make 5?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to make odd oz's of formula?

• Options
    Use a half scoop and 1 oz.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we just use half of a scoop and add an extra once of water. So 5 oz bottles would be 2.5 scoops.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most forumlas are 2oz of water for ever 1 scoop. My LO only eats 3 maybe 3.5 oz a feeling so I do 1 whole scoop and 1 half for 3 oz and 1 whole scoop and a little more than half a scoop for 3.5 oz bottles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Another option is to mix the formula a pitcher at a time. I know DD2 will eat 24 oz in 24 hours, so I mix that much in the Dr. Brown's pitcher and pour it into bottles to store in the refrigerator. Then I can pour odd or even numbers of oz's without having to eyeball half a scoop.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    this is what we did with out DD and going to be doing with our DS now that my stupid supply has almost dropped out and he's gotta go on almost all formula :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

imagememali26:
    Another option is to mix the formula a pitcher at a time. I know DD2 will eat 24 oz in 24 hours, so I mix that much in the Dr. Brown's pitcher and pour it into bottles to store in the refrigerator. Then I can pour odd or even numbers of oz's without having to eyeball half a scoop.

This is what I do as well. It's the easiest way for odd numbered oz. not to mention you know that the formula vs water ratio is right this way. it also saves us from having to mix a bottle every single time and there is no bubbles in the formula either. (which can cause gas issues)

I make 28 oz right now. Over night, I pour so many 4 oz bottles that way I can just warm them and feed, but during the day, I measure per feed because sometimes, she doesn't take as much and sometimes she wants more. This cuts down on wasting formula. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"