Postpartum Depression

started on zoloft 25 mg..a week ago...--Question?

I had baby on halloween, started on zoloft 25 mg. a week ago, I start to feel better a bit each day. But, I don't remember at what point I'll be going up to 50 mg? Isn't it normally about a month into it? 

I was on this medication for PPD back when we had our first daughter 4 yrs. ago. I recall starting on 25mg and then slowly going up to 100mg. I stayed on 100 mg for almost 2 yrs and then tapered off. I have a follow-up appt. with the psychiatrist in another week and a half to check in and see how things are going. Again, each day is a tiny bit better. Dealing with a 4 yr. old and her issues with the new baby and with baby can be a bit daunting..as you all know, there are days that seem like you have to fight thru and I feel very weepy, although--each day that's getting better.

Re: started on zoloft 25 mg..a week ago...--Question?

• I think i was only on 25 for like a week maybe 10 days and then it was upped to 50 and then after a month at 50 adjusted from there.
  • I started at 25 mg and worked up to 100mg, where (like you) I stayed for almost 2 years. I just now tapered off completely.

I was at each dose for two weeks before increasing.

Hope you continue to feel better! Never hesitate to call your doc with dosage questions. :-)

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks guys. I just hit the one week mark that i've been on 25 mg. of zoloft.

I will see the doctor at the 2 week mark. perhaps by then, I will get on 50 mg. today, there was 2 crying jags about everything from : how will we fit new baby into our family now, we already have a 4 yr. old and we've got a "routine" and now what?, to crying about how my hubby and I will ever now have time for us with two kids, to how we'll pay for it all, what will my days consist of for the next 12 weeks while i am home from work, how will my 4 yr.. old adjust, hoping my apetite will come back..You name it, i just spilled tears over my coffee today while hubby listened and said "it'll get better, it will, it did the last time" -- I had PPD with our first born who is now 4 yrs. old. Whenever I hear new baby cry around the same time every night, I feel anxiety over it.(she's really a phenomenal baby, she sleeps about 16 hours-18 hours a day)..just venting ladies and I appreciate the ear!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"