June 2011 Moms
Options

How long for pear juice to work?

Nikolai is on day 5 of no pooping again.  The pedi said we could give him some prune or pear juice whenever he doesn't go for a while so I figured I would do that.  How long does it take to work (assuming it does work)?  Trying to figure out if I should give it to him tonight for a morning poopie diaper or wait until morning.  He doesn't seem uncomfortable so I'd rather wait until morning if it's fast acting so I don't have a potential blowout in the middle of the night.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long for pear juice to work?

• Options

We've done prune juice in the past and it was between an hour and two. Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh yeah, definitely waiting until morning then :)  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did pear juice and expected that night but it actually wasn't until the next morning, I guess it just varies.LO was very constipated, though, and we had to give it twice a day.
  • Options
    We tried pear juice a few times and it did not work for us.
  • Options
    imageklv:
    We tried pear juice a few times and it did not work for us.
    We had tried Apple juice before and it didn't work. The Pedi recommended us to move on to Prune and that did the trick!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    pear juice works for us every time! we usually do like .5 oz of organic baby pear juice with .5 oz of water. DD will have a BM within the next 2 feedings. We buy the little 4-pack of the juice because we don't have to do this very often and juice is only good for like a week after it's open. this way we only open a little tiny bottle. gl! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagedantoni1210:
    pear juice works for us every time! we usually do like .5 oz of organic baby pear juice with .5 oz of water. DD will have a BM within the next 2 feedings. We buy the little 4-pack of the juice because we don't have to do this very often and juice is only good for like a week after it's open. this way we only open a little tiny bottle. gl! :)

That's exactly what I got - organic pear juice in the little bottles.  I figure MH or I can drink the rest :)  

• Options
    I gave prune juice and it took another day and a half for him to poop. I gave him 2 "doses" of 1oz juice with 1 oz water. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"