1st Trimester
Options

Dental work

Ok... one more question for the day! I had gone to the dentist before I knew I was pregnant and found out I need a lot of dental work-- including a root canal. I'm not in any pain right now, but the dentist wanted to start it now so she would be able to finish it by telling my doctor it was emergency dental work. I'm not into tricking my doctor because I'm more concerned about my baby than my tooth, but I just read something someone posting that said that if it gets infected it can get into your blood stream and into the baby. I know this is something I'm probably going to have to address at some point before the baby is born because last time I was there she just stuck a temporary filling in there. The doctor said if I'm not in pain then I should wait, but is there a safer time to do it? Is first trimester safer than the second? Or vice versa?

Re: Dental work

• Options
    Second tri is the better time to have dental work done if it's not an emergency. At least according to what I've read.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just went for my first visit to the OB yesterday and the nurse said that if I wanted any dental work done, it would be best to do it after 12 weeks. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    second tri.... and your dentist will probably want a waiver from your obgyn... hope you can hold off until then :)
  • Options

Hello!  I am a dental assistant and just found out I'm pregnant :) almost 6 weeks!  The 2nd trimester is by far the best to do it in.  Your baby is so sensitive during the 1st trimester.  Hope this helps!--Best wishes 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"