Babies on the Brain
Options

My WTF FB guy started a blog

Warning:  He is wordy.  Excessively so.  he linked a post of his to fb yesterday that left me scratching my head so I thought someone who was bored might want to waste some of their day reading his insanely long babble

https://davidcarterthoughts.blogspot.com/.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My WTF FB guy started a blog

• Options
    i might need coffee to get past the first line
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the plug Robin.  You upped my reads 103 yesterday.  The struggles of an intellectual.  Some people get it, some people are left scratching their heads.  To those who have the capacity to get it, good is served.  To those who don't, they've cleared out the dandruff.  Thank for the plug.  People are reading.  What it's all about. :)

David Carter :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL. I was wondering when this would happen.

And to you, David Carter, having clicks doesn't mean people are reading. My eyes glazed over pretty quickly. Brevity and dark text on light backgrounds are your friends. I can't even form an opinion on your thoughts because I was unable to read them. 

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't help but laugh that you created an account on the bump. And you're welcome
  • Options
    Whoa TL;DR
  • Options
    imageohashlet:
    Whoa TL;DR
    What dies that mean? I've yet to figure it out
  • Options
    imagerobinsokj:
    imageohashlet:
    Whoa TL;DR
    What dies that mean? I've yet to figure it out
    Too long; didn't read.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well, you are right.  I have found substance quite the enemy of the modern current day brain. :)  A statement is meaningless if you don't take the time to support it. If somebody is going to tell me "this is this.  That doesn't mean anything.  But, if you tell me, "this is this and this is why?"  Then it was actually worth reading, because it supports itself on substance. Something I learned in my liberal days and actually what converted me away.  When I repeated a liberal talking point that made sense to me, until I found myself at a cocktail party surrounded by people that actually knew the facts.  OUCH!!  Got tired of being played to be ignorant by an ideology.  So, from that point forward, I've always been pretty thorough.  I'd rather be accused of providing too much information, than not enough. :)

Seems at least some American's still read books, things that lack brevity.  Driving the Kindle generation.  But, I do appreciate your feedback. :)  Yes, I'm a deep thinker and a pretty thorough thinker.  I can live with that.  Might trigger others to fire up some brain cells themselves. :)

These colors any better? :)
    "I Have A Dream"
    by David Russell Carter, Sr.

I have a dream, that there will one day be a society where people can have a five minute conversation without the other party constantly checking their cell phone to see what color dress someone else is looking at in a store that they've said the don't like enough to buy anyway.

I have a dream, that one day, people will have the mentality to say, "this is where I want my life to be five years from now and this is how I'm going to get there" instead of "this is not where I want to be right now."

I have a dream, that one day people will be able to come up with an original thought as opposed to just repeating something they heard from some one else and chose to blindly believe, because it required less intellectual effort.

I have a dream, that one day people will one day care about the content of a person rather than rather than the content of their house.

I have a dream, that one day and acorn will not be recognized as "some brown round thing on the ground," but an infinitely perpetuating source of nourishment, shelter, warmth, shade and bounty of gifts for other life forms.

I have a dream of a society where things that matter today and still will matter twenty years from now, take priority over things that won't matter ten minutes from now.

I have a dream, that one day hope wont be, the ability to possess hope.

I have a dream, that one day someone will be able to build a true time machine. So, I can go back to a time and place of where I wouldn't have to dream about the things I dream of mentioned above.

• Options
    Hey, I just clicked on the feed that was sending the most hits and here I was. :)  All thanks to you. :)  Actually, will serve me well, women going through the trials and hormones of pregnancy can be quite the critics.  Raised three kids of my own. Daughter just finished her Master's In Pyschology from Towson University, 4.0 GPA and works as a Psychologist in Baltimore, oldest son doing well in college, youngest son in college in Hawaii.  All doing great!!
    Anyway, you guys have a good one.  :)
  • Options

imageDavid Carter:
    Hey, I just clicked on the feed that was sending the most hits and here I was. :)  All thanks to you. :)  Actually, will serve me well, women going through the trials and hormones of pregnancy can be quite the critics.  Raised three kids of my own. Daughter just finished her Master's In Pyschology from Towson University, 4.0 GPA and works as a Psychologist in Baltimore, oldest son doing well in college, youngest son in college in Hawaii.  All doing great!!
    Anyway, you guys have a good one.  :)

::pats David Carter on back::

When I saw this post yesterday, I wondered if he would show up...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"