Cloth Diapering
Options

Nellies natural laundry soda and hard water

Does anyone use this and whatdo you think first?

Next if you use it an have hard water do you do anything else? Should  I maybe us Calgon in my wash cycle as well?

We have rash issues and sensitive skin and someone suggested this soap so we are going to try. Is there any length of time we should try to know it will work or just if he doesnt get a rash we are good to go. :)

**February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage

Re: Nellies natural laundry soda and hard water

• Options

I'm hoping you get an answer to this! I have some Nellie's, but haven't tried it for our diapers yet. We have hard water too, and the only thing that has worked is tide (which I know doesn't help you if your LO has sensitive skin!)  

FWIW, I like Nellie's for our regular laundry.  

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Options
    We use Nellies and have hard water.  It dos a good job and we have had no rash issues.  The lady at the local cloth diaper store recommended using Calgon in conjunction to your soap if you have hard water....we didn't and have gotten some funky ammonia build up on 2-3 occasions.  I just did a funk rock soak and it cleared right up.  We have since gotten a water softener and continue to use Nellies without an issue.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"