March 2011 Moms
Options

What is your LO eating for breakfast?

My LO won't eat oatmeal or rice cereal, and more recently has been turning his nose up at yogurt and any type of fruit (I think they are too sweet). This has led me to serve him very savory kinds of breakfast (e.g., rice, lentils, green beans, etc.).

What are you serving your LO? Is anyone else's LO content eating the same thing all day? 

Re: What is your LO eating for breakfast?

• Options

My kid will pretty much eat anything. She hasn't rejected anything that I've given her! She has oatmeal with fruit puree for breakfast now, but we're trying yogurt with fruit starting tomorrow. We do veggies at night.

You can try scrambling egg yolks?

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I know this is probably a stupid question but have you tried mixing the rice cereal with the fruit? Mine eats about heavy 2 tbsp of rice cereal or oatmeal with 2 oz of formula mixed with a box/jar of fruit. He loves it. And then snacks on some rice puffs.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, I tried mixing the oatmeal with fruit, rice cereal with fruit and both have been a no-go. Even fruit by itself is not happening.

I may try the egg yolk. I am sure he would love that. He had pancakes over the weekend and liked that as well. He also loves those mum-mums. Puffs have been hit or miss depending on the type.  

• Options
    imageagytay:

My LO won't eat oatmeal or rice cereal, and more recently has been turning his nose up at yogurt and any type of fruit (I think they are too sweet). This has led me to serve him very savory kinds of breakfast (e.g., rice, lentils, green beans, etc.).

What are you serving your LO? Is anyone else's LO content eating the same thing all day? 

This is us. I figure, who cares if she doesn't eat fruit. As long as she eats veggies, she's in a good place. She had some of our quiche last night, so I'm going to try making her eggs for breakfast soon.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageskio:

You can try scrambling egg yolks? 

This may be a dumb question, but why just the yolks? 

• Options

I would feed him what he likes.  I wouldn't worry if it fits into the traditional breakfast that you or I would eat.  If he wants veggies, feed him veggies.  I can say from experience, that while they may like veggies to begin with, it might not last forever.  I now have to hide my toddlers veggies so she will eat even the smallest bit.  I think to myself now, "Well at least she ate a ton of veggies when she was little.  We should be good for a while." 

Definitely try the egg yokes though, DD1 loved them.  I would give her scrambled egg yokes and pancakes all. the. time. 

• Options
    Ours loves bananas!  We usually give her veggies at night, haven't introduced lunch yet, I'm thinking in a week or two she'll be ready.  We recently tried apples these past couple of mornings and she didn't really like them, going to try mixing them with milk or bananas next time.  We've given her pears that she likes and next week going to try peaches...but can never go wrong with bananas.  I think she can eat them anytime of the day.
  • Options
    Quinoa flakes with Vanilla Elecare! 
  • Options

E eats 2 ozs of fruit mixed with 2tbsp of oatmeal cereal for breakfast. I'm currently looking for some yogurt for her to try.

I second trying egg yolk. We tried it with E, but she's still not big on the finger foods yet.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We do whole milk yogurt a lot with pears or apricots. Quinoa is a fave of ds's too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"