Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How long do you use a changing table?

My daughter is 19 months and will be about 25 months when baby #2 arrives. I am wondering if I can move her dresser/changing table combo to the new baby's room and just replace it with a standard dresser. I usually change her on the floor anyway and only use the changing table for #2. Just wondering if I can get away with not buying 2 changing tables.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long do you use a changing table?

• Options
    E is 2.5 and still very much in diapers and still uses the changing table.
  • Options
    I don't see why not.  I have never had a changing table.  We have always used changing pads and used the bed or floor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegwennec:
    My daughter is 19 months and will be about 25 months when baby #2 arrives. I am wondering if I can move her dresser/changing table combo to the new baby's room and just replace it with a standard dresser. I usually change her on the floor anyway and only use the changing table for #2. Just wondering if I can get away with not buying 2 changing tables.

I would just put the changing table into the new babies room. I got rid of the changing pad on DD's dresser months ago, it was more trouble than it was worth once she got active.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    we still use ours but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't have one. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    Ummmm....you use a changing table as long as your child is still in diapers and needs to be changed.  You can buy a changing pad and put it on top of a dresser.  That's what I have for DD...she doesn't have a "changing table" per se.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I say move it. We haven't used my DD's changing table since she was like 5 months because she tried jumping off of it, and I caught her by the foot. It freaked me out, so we have been changing her on the floor ever since. 
  • Options
    We still use it because its the only place we can cut down on his squirmies. Anything bigger than that, like the floor or bed, and he manages to wiggle away. We have even used the straps that come with to hold the baby in place, although everything is right there so I dont have to turn away for even a second.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    My son turns 2 in 2 weeks.  I'm still using the changing table and I think I would die of backaches without it.
  • Options
    I got rid of mine around 12 months or so.  Like you, I just change him on the floor.

• Options

imageturtle1120:
    Ummmm....you use a changing table as long as your child is still in diapers and needs to be changed.  You can buy a changing pad and put it on top of a dresser.  That's what I have for DD...she doesn't have a "changing table" per se.

Ummmm...unless you change them on the floor or somewhere else.

• Options
    We stopped using the changing table a couple months ago because DD would throw fits and try to pitch herself off. Even using the straps it just didn't seem safe. Now that she is out of the crib we put her whole set in the nursery for #2. She is very happy with her "big girl" room. I wanted to do this earlier rather than later so when the baby arrives she doesn't see it as the baby taking her stuff.
  • Options
    I have a friend with 3 year old twins that still use the changing pad on a dresser.  That being said, I think you'd be fine putting it in the new baby's room if you don't see yourself using it for #1 much more.
  • Options

imagehersheykiss:
    E is 2.5 and still very much in diapers and still uses the changing table.

This. I hate changing on the floor. We did that for DD for about 2 months and she was SOOOO wiggly and kept trying to escape; the change table was better for us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    We stopped using it when she was like 9 months old. I just change her on the floor.
  • Options

from my experience you won't change LO#2 on a changing table because you won't leave your toddler alone in the house to go to the nursery to change a diaper...even if your house is baby proofed! Even if you can get your toddler to go into the nursery good luck having them stay while you change a diaper. 

I changed them wherever we were and hand multiple changing stations throughout the house.  

• Options
    We have a pad on her dresser.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker~ Diagnosed with PCOS in March 2009. Taking Metfomin for insulin resistance and irregular cycles/ovulation. Had healthy baby girl in Jan 2010 via C-Section (HTN and Breech Presentation).
    ~ Miscarry at 8 weeks with D&C in May 2011 (low progesterone).
    ~ Had a healthy baby girl in June 2012 via C-Section (on prometrium to sustain).
    ~ Surprise pregnancy at age 40!  Baby boy due April 26, 2021 (took prometrium to sustain once pregnancy was confirmed, 3rd C-Section planned).  
  • Options
    We ditched the changing pad a couple of months ago because R kept trying to launch himself off of it.  We just change him on the floor.  It was just a changing pad on top of a dresser anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Put it in the baby's room. When you need to use it for the big kid, you'll know where it is.

• Options
    Our change table is just holding out stuff right now. He's too squirmy to put on the table. You can get special change pads that you put on top of a dresser to make it a change table. There only about $30. Lot cheaper then a new table.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I stopped using a changing table when my DS was 6 months old and my DD was a year old. They became too wiggly and just too big. A changing pad on the floor works great for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"