Infertility Veterans

DOR ladies (ticker)

We're planning on trying for #2 in the new year and I'm wondering what you've all done ahead of time to try to help your egg quality. Mine is abysmal. Im willing to try anything (other than DHEA - because I'm still nursing at least for another 4/5 weeks). We're going to do acu again starting the month before I cycle. But what can I try now?

I hope you don't mind that I'm asking here as opposed to SAIF.
Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
The Dandelion Archive
"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: DOR ladies (ticker)

• hi cutie :)

will we be cycling together?

i would suggest wheat grass and royal jelly, i don't habe dor but take these both because they can improve egg quality.

if you take royal jelly make sure it is from an organic source, i can rec mine if you want.

GL my friend! 

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • imagetheworms:

hi cutie :)

i would suggest wheat grass and royal jelly, i don't habe dor but take these both because they can improve egg quality.

if you take royal jelly make sure it is from an organic source, i can rec mine if you want.

GL my friend! 

When are you cycling? We're making our appointment to see Dr Z after A turns 1 (omg), but I know he wants me to have two periods before I cycle again. That'd be nice, except that mine hasn't come back yet. On one hand is it because of the breastfeeding, or is it because my ovaries are in the shitter? Makes me nervous.

Definitely tell me what you take. I'd be happy for the rec.

Think it's okay if I cycle over here? I still feel weird coming here sometimes, but don't feel like SAIF is a cycling place, either. 

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGenRN45:
    imagetheworms:

hi cutie :)

GL my friend! 

When are you cycling?  most likely in january

We're making our appointment to see Dr Z after A turns 1 (omg) omg!!!  how did this go so fast?   but I know he wants me to have two periods before I cycle again. That'd be nice, except that mine hasn't come back yet. On one hand is it because of the breastfeeding, or is it because my ovaries are in the shitter? Makes me nervous.  it's from BF, you're a champ at it :)

Definitely tell me what you take. I'd be happy for the rec.

i use this in tea

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=RJ-1029

i take 1 pill a day of this

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=RJ-1010

and these i take 1 pill 2x a day (the dose is 5 pills a day but i take less)

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=G5-1009 

Think it's okay if I cycle over here? I still feel weird coming here sometimes, but don't feel like SAIF is a cycling place, either.

it's fine cutie, this board is for everyone, we don't need ticker warnings or pic warnings, we know you, you support us we'll support you :) 

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
  • I'm not DOR, and I take PNV and extra iron.  My RE said he doesn't recommend taking anything else for me.  I'm cycling in January too and wanted to wish you both the best of luck!  It better be an awesome January around these parts.  :)  Who else is in?
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I have no advice, just wanted to say hi, Gen! That is so exciting that you will be cycling again soon :)
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • I am saving this page! I think I will be cycling in January as well. I was hoping it would be December, but it doesn't look like that will happen. Looks like it will be a busy winter around here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was told antioxidants were good.  Co-Q10 was recommended by my RE.  I was taking it starting several months before my third IVF cycle.  I also took wheat grass.

Good luck!!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• :::raises hand nervously:::

I plan on cycling again in January. I hadn't plan on saying anything here because I don't want to seem insensitive to the ladies still here.

I now have insurance that covers IVF, so we decided to try once with my own eggs before moving to DE for a sibling.  And given that I will be turning 40 in February, I don't want to waste any time.

I stopped nursing so that I could take the DHEA again.  I plan on taking wheat grass, but I am not sure how to go about it.  I will also take CoQ10 again and do acupuncture while I cycle.

:::goes back into hiding:::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenjohnson1972:

:::raises hand nervously:::

I plan on cycling again in January. I hadn't plan on saying anything here because I don't want to seem insensitive to the ladies still here.

I now have insurance that covers IVF, so we decided to try once with my own eggs before moving to DE for a sibling.  And given that I will be turning 40 in February, I don't want to waste any time.

I stopped nursing so that I could take the DHEA again.  I plan on taking wheat grass, but I am not sure how to go about it.  I will also take CoQ10 again and do acupuncture while I cycle.

so exciting!!!  you better keep us posted cutie!!

• FIrst of all, GL to you!  Along with DHEA, I am taking royal jelly in bee pollen.  I think Worms did a great job summing up the supplements above.  I also do wheat grass shots, though not frequently. 
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • imagenjohnson1972:

I wish you the best!!

TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • Hi GeN, It's great seeing over here. I don't have DOR but do take the same Royal jelly as Worms since she has recomended it to me in the past. I also do Wheat grass shots. I get the frozen cubes from Whole Foods also a PNV with DHEA.

GL, Sweetie!

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

• imagenjohnson1972:

OMG!! Very excited for you. You better not hide during your cycle! Keep us posted.

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"