Washington Babies
Options

Rentals around Tacoma or near there?

Hello! We are getting close to moving time! But we are having trouble finding an apartment or house rental or townhouse. (Probably near Tacoma?) Do you know any good places near there? We would prefer a duplex or 4 plex type place instead of a complex, but anything would be great. Oh! And around $750 for a 2 bedroom?

Thank you so much! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rentals around Tacoma or near there?

• Options

I don't have any specifics, but just in general stay away from Hill Top, immediate mall area, and the eastside.

Good luck!  Have you tried Craigslist?

• Options
    imageomangie:

I don't have any specifics, but just in general stay away from Hill Top, immediate mall area, and the eastside.

I was going to say this! You might want to come out and take a look before picking a place.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto PPs I also want to add that you may find an apartment in that price range (eevn then it may be a dicey area) 2 bedroom houses/townhouse/duplex are going for about 900-1100 in most of Tacoma.
  • Options

Thanks for the advice! My husband is in WA now looking around while he is staying at his sister's house. 

EDIT: Yes, we have been looking mostly on craigslist so far! Hopefully something wonderful pops up soon! His sister and BIL are getting sick of sharing their house with DH and our dog (understandable, it IS their home!) 

• Options
    We lived at Surprise Lake Village Apts and loved it.  It was the best apts we ever lived in. :-) It is in Milton but not that far from Tacoma.  Nice small town with a Safeway and library in walking distance.  We only moved because we were able to buy a house.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would try outside of Tacoma. Milton is a good idea as it is close to Tacoma and a nicer area. Ditto to stay away from South Tacoma and Hilltop. Hilltop has cleaned up but it still isn't great. Federal Way (in some areas) might be a good place to look as it isn't too far away (depending on where you and your DH will be working) and is cheaper then Tacoma.
  • Options
    Also maybe try some property managment companies. My parents use Tacoma Property Managment for their rental houses.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I will look into Milton and Federal Way. I am OK with being a little closer to Seattle anyways. Maybe see you all soon? So exciting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"